Thursday, January 30, 2014

Sewing and washing

I woke up before 8:20, having a dream. I felt slightly congested so I put hydrogen peroxide in my ears and gargled with the stuff. I listened to an interview from yesterday and started ones from today. This week there are 12 posted per day and I just can't fit them all in. I rinsed the cushion cover from yesterday and put the second one in to soak. I used the water from the bucket to unclog the toilet, making a mental note to buy a better plunger. I sat in the sun in the guest room, then realized that the interview playing was going into a meditation. So I sat in the den and meditated. Afterwards I read in sun. I heard the big truck go by and realized that I'd forgot the recyclables. I juiced most of the veggies we had left. Then I made breakfast, and swallowed a packed of the strong vitamin C. It did not taste good, but was strangely satisfying. There was more listening and clearing of e-mail. Then I raked outside for 45 minutes – missed solar noon but not by much. I was able to clear the last leaves from the ditch. When I came in, I filled the tub with warm water to soak the first cushion but the cushion would not fit flat in the tub. I stood it on end to drain. I added coconut water to the new batch of coconut milk, and drank the rest of the water. I drank a glass of vitamin C, and pulled soup bones out of the freezer to thaw to make bone broth. I took my laptop downstairs to work on the fish quilt. Not quite sure how to proceed, I took a break to add layers to some pads. But then the laptop low battery sound rang and I grabbed it and ran upstairs but not in time to plug it in. I had to restart it. I finished the interview that was playing. It was about fermented foods – not all have probiotics. Nine-tenths of the cells in our bodies are bacteria. Then I went down for more sewing, but without anything to listen to. I came up when Chris came home. I put the bones in the refrigerator, and brought the cushion cover in. I went back down to sew and came up later for supper, which consisted of chicken vegetable soup, a salad, then hummus. We watched an episode of Inspector Lewis. The guy who plays Inspector Linley had a part in it, but under a different name. Since it was only 9 when the episode ended, we read e-mail for another hour. Then Chris went to bed, but I stayed up to listen to an interview about thyroid health.
Usually on Thursdays I sew with Stitchits, but because of the slight congestion and not being able to open the garage doors to roll my machine out, I did not go. 
*  look closely at this pic and you might see the hot air blowing out of the new heating unit.  Is it supposed to do that?  *

No comments: