Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Moon Pie drop = Happy New Year CST

It was at 9, that moment when dreams have subsided, the daily rush of thoughts has risen, and I realized that I was awake. I read e-mail, exercised, and tried to meditate. The meditation mp3 kept ending after 2 minutes. I compared the prices of chia seeds on Swansons, Amazon, and Nuts.com. It took awhile as there were so many options to compare. The doorbell rang, and it was the postman with the APQS quilt calendar. I took down the old calendars and put up the new ones. I juiced arugula, celery, carrots and kale. Yuck. Then I made breakfast. I tried to find a Christmas sing-a-long on Youtube, but almost all of them were Disney. I came across several flashmobs, and then put on a Christmas playlist, hoping it would be songs I knew. I made nut cheese from the soaked nuts, and prepared a week's worth of supplements. I put in a nuts.com order, mostly raw cacao. I put the beef tongue in a pot to boil. Chris came home just as I was getting dressed. I was listening to Christmas music on laptop. I left him in charge of watching the tongue while I raked pinestraw. When I came in, it was done, so I ate some, and put the rest away. I cleared some old e-mail, especially tapping ones, and ate some artichoke hearts. I scrubbed my keyboard lightly with an old toothbrush. At 6:45 I dressed up a little, and we went to a party with folks Chris works with. We had a little trouble finding it since his GPS did not know of that street. I did not bring my purse, but did have my glasses for reading directions. They had a very nice house. Several of us played a phrase guessing game. There were other games going on, and general chatting. We watched the ball drop in Times Square at 11. Judy took pictures of couples with her phone.  See above. The ball drop in Times Square made me wonder what happens in the Central time zone at midnight. So we stayed, and saw the moon pie drop in Mobile, Alabama at midnight, then went home to bed.

No comments: