Sunday, January 19, 2014

Have you 'herd' of my little pony?

My phone alarm went off at 8. Chris asked me why I didn't turn off the alarm permanently. He got up first and I got up later, took a shower, then Chris took his. We talked to Neale and April while watching Emmy bounce around playing with her little ponies. As you can see, there is no shortage of ponies in their house.  (They have 3 cats too, but the cats do not play with the ponies.)  Like the Power Rangers, different version of the ponies are constantly coming out.
 I ate my second prepared breakfast. Then we packed the car for the drive back to Huntsville. We listened to the rest of the book on CD. We stopped at an Arby's for Chris to have a sandwich. They did not have salads, so I ate a few sunflower seeds. Headed north on 431, we passed a Korean restaurant, so we stopped there.  The window dressings were made of black fabric with bright peppers on them - almost the same as my purse which I made in Korea.  The menu on the back was in Korean with the sounds translated into our alphabet.  I had to say the names without looking at the spelling to figure what they were since they used different spellings than in Korea.  I ordered the bulgogi (beef) special. It came with yaki mondu and a visit to the kimchi bar. The cucumber kimchi was the best of the bunch. We had a good time talking to the owner.  Then we completed our trip home. We thought Virginia was coming to exchange couches, but her son could not get anyone to help him. I unpacked most of my luggage and yardsale finds. We read our e-mail, and I ate some frozen blueberries with a pair of chopsticks. I put some neem oil on that spot on my forehead that just won't heal. We discussed how and when to plant the flower seeds from the estate sale. They are mostly varieties of zinnias, with some impatiens and marigolds. The #10 envelopes are marked '92 and they were harvested by hand so I am hoping they are heirloom varieties. I looked up 'solar noon' on the internet to find out when it is in Huntsville. That is the brightest time of the day, and the best time to get the most daylight.   We finished the evening by watching three episodes of Forever Knight. Or at least I thought so.  I had a little trouble with the computer, G-mail, Firefox and Blogger when trying to post and add pictures.  My, what a labor-saving device this is! (ok, not so much)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with your blog.


Flower seeds