Wednesday, January 1, 2014

First day of the rest of the year

After being up so late, we stayed in bed longer than usual. I got up at 11:30. Since my laptop was in hibernation mode, I took the opportunity to scrub the keyboard more vigorously with the old toothbrush. Then I powered it up to read e-mail. After exercising, I juiced green beans, broccoli, and celery, forgetting to pick kale from the garden. Then I made and ate my breakfast. By then it was 1:30. I tried meditating again, and this time the file played all the way through, but my full stomach kept me 'awake'. 
 It was a marvelously sunny day. I raked leaves and pinestraw in my bare feet. Then I had a bite to eat, and drank the broth from yesterday. I worked a whole bunch of Sudoku puzzles, ripping the completed ones out of the book, working backwards, so they get easier and easier. Chris did the laundry, placing two baskets by my feet, ready for me to fold. After he ate supper, we watched multiple episodes of Star Trek, TOS. I have to wonder, how is a fierce Klingon warrior threatened by a mere upset tribble?

No comments: