Sunday, January 26, 2014

Preparing for Sunday School

I woke up about 8:30, but I had a reason to stay in bed until later. When I did get up, I read my e-mail, and decided to forgo juicing because there wasn't enough left to make the clean-up worth it. So I went straight to breakfast. I ate half of it before putting the coconut oil in. I saved the rest for half an hour later so I could get the probiotic effects of the fermented coconut milk and nuts. By then I was reading about a homemade laundry detergent that Pinterest thought I would be interested in. It sounded good and all but one person who commented had a great experience with it. Reportedly it was half the price (or less) of store-bought detergent. But for us that amount would last 1.5 to 2 years. I drank my vitamin C and took the last prepared daily dose of vitamins. Then, because it was solar noon, I went outside. I swept under the carport for a little bit, but wasn't getting a lot of light in there. So I raked in the side yard by the magnolia tree. It did not really need it, but there was plenty of light. My hands got cold, so I came in. I wanted to make up another week's worth of supplements, but wondered if drinking lemon juice counteracted the cranberry capsules. I chewed up a plaintain leaf to cover the spot on my forehead. The plaintain plants are having a hard time surviving this cold weather. I called Denise for her opinion about the lemon juice versus cranberry and decided to suspend the cranberry. Then I assembled the supplements. I looked up three kings crafts and decided what the kids could do tomorrow. I looked up VW transmission problems. It is a sealed tranny so I can't check the fluid level. I ate some chorizo stew that Chris made. I put a bowl of fish soup in the toaster oven and went to Hobby Lobby for crown stickers (looked at fabric, too). I came home to eat the fish soup. I read more about DIY cleaners. Chris was gaming, so I worked on drawing pieces for the kids to cut out, and cutting out some of the pieces for the 3 year olds. When I finished, I checked my e-mail again, and got lost in a blog about how to clean different things. At the mention of baking soda, I got some from the cupboard and sprinkled it all over our new couch. The previous owner had a dog and from time to time I can smell it. I realized that I hadn't eaten my raw garlic clove for the day, so I got out the hummus and took care of that. Then, since I have been saying to myself all day that I would rather be sewing, I went downstairs determined to make at least one stitch. I took the blue zigzag fabric and tried to line them up for a stack-n-whack. But it must have been stretched on the bolt because the stripes would not line up. So I got another piece of blue and white from my stash. I made a few decisions and cut 10 pieces from it. Since it was so late, I stopped there and came up to write my blog. But Chris had finished his game and said it was a good time to catch Michele on Skype. So I did. I got to hear all about her new job, or at least as much as she knows about it so far. It doesn't start until February. While we were talking, I snapped a Skype picture. It's always good to see her and I like to show her off in my blog.

No comments: