Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The bitter cold

I remembered to do situps in bed to wake up. But I fell back asleep. When I was able to get up, it was 9:30. Late, but better than yesterday. It was bitterly cold outside but the sun was warm on the windows. So I sat in the guest room in the sunshine reading a book on sleep. Then I read e-mail with the HappyLight. I got a phone call from Mirna. Then I searched the house for my address book so I could mail a check, but it was nowhere to be found. Then I remembered that the address was stored on my computer. As I was writing on the envelop, I saw my address book on the diningroom table, in one of the places that I looked for it. It wasn't there then. I prepared 2 items for the mail, but it was too cold to post them. I noticed that the entire windowdressing on the livingroom window had fallen and taken several houseplants with it. I wonder if it fell during the night. I remember hearing something fall in the wee hours, but thought it was something in the bathroom. The nails in the hardware came out and everything dropped. I only found one nail. I juiced arugula, broccoli, celery, and carrots. Then I made breakfast. I put together a load of laundry including my purse, windbreaker and several homemade rugs. I tried to go outside for yardwork, but was back in 5 minutes because of the cold. I dug out my heavy coat from Korea.  I hadn't worn it since we moved back to the states.  I drove to the fish market for a piece of fresh salmon and some fish bones for soup. She packed the salmon in ice which made me smile. When I got home, I ate as much of the wild salmon as I could. Then I went out to pick up sticks. I was warm enough in the heavy coat, but my fingers froze so I came in after 20 minutes. There was more e-mail to read and I put the wash in the dryer, except for the rug with the rubber backing. I called Mirna to see if she wanted something from Swansons. Chris came home at the usual time, and fixed himself supper. Later I had a bowl of bean soup, and a sweet potato. I hunted up the toaster oven from the basement to reheat it. I watched an episode of TQS, and then we went down to watch Ghostbusters on DVD. We also saw all the special shots on the DVD afterwards. Chris looked up the voice of Gozer for me. She had also done the voices of Flotsam and Jetsam in The Little Mermaid. 
*  Since I did not take any pics today, here is one from the tacky lights tour.  *

No comments: