Saturday, January 18, 2014

Friday - Together again

The alarm went off at 8, but we were late getting up. He had breakfast while I juiced before having mine. I checked e-mail, and packed a suitcase, hoping I didn't forget anything. We got on the road about 11. We did not have any books on CD from the library, so Chris grabbed one from the shelf. It was a self-improvement book by Byron Katie. We listened to it most of the way to Augusta. Chris gave me directions on a piece of paper for navigating. They did not agree with the GPS. Somehow we made it to I-20 from Huntsville. We had no trouble driving through Atlanta. After finished the 4th CD, we discussed it for awhile. I called Silvia to tell her we would be in town soon. Chris dropped me off at her house, and went to have dinner with Neale and April. Silvia and I caught up together. Then Dennis brought Linda over. The three of us chatted while Silvia cooked dinner. Halfway through dinner, Mary came over. The four of us had a wonderful time reliving old times and catching each other up on recent times. In fact, it wasn't until 11 that we got around to opening gifts. Chris called to find out what I was doing. I told him we were almost finished, so he came over to get me. The four of us agreed to go to estate sales at 8. It was almost midnight when we got to Neale and April's house. It was dark. Understandably they had gone to bed. We changed into pajamas and went to bed.

No comments: