Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sharing can be overrated

I got up at 8 to shut the alarm off. I felt a bit congested and thought about not going but did not want to leave Margery without a craft person. I boiled water to sterilize the nuts and melt the coconut oil. I took shower and put hydrogen peroxide in my ears and gargled with it. I ate half of my breakfast, then stirred in the coconut oil and left it on the counter. I took some high-powered Vit C, and got dressed. It took longer than I meant to and I left without my watch. I arrived there at 9:20, and church was still in service. I set up in the craft room. Joanie helped me make copies. I sat in on the opening (attendance, verse, prizes) with Cecelia. Then four kids came for crafts. One would not sit or make the craft, insisting his mother told him he did not have to. Another one came late, but his mother stayed to help him cut and paste. It went fairly well and I handed out coloring sheets for those that finished early. Sadly I did not get a picture.  Shown here is the one I modeled the craft on, letting the kids decorate white paper triangles with markers for the kings robes.  I gave the prototype to Margery because she wanted to do the craft with her weekly classes. She must work at a private school. I cleaned up the table and put the supplies away, leaving the projects on the table for the kids to pick up. Then I packed up to leave so I would not infect anyone else. On my way out, man in a robe shook my hand and said he was there to preach about giving food for the hungry. That must be why the first service went so long. I hope I did not 'share' with him whatever was congesting me. When I got home, Chris's car was gone and I figured he went to church to meet me. So I called him but he did not answer his phone. I changed my clothes and finished my breakfast. He called and found out I was at home, so he came home. Then he went grocery shopping. I meditated and did some chi gung and lymphatic massage. After we put the groceries away, he started soup on the stove and put chicken in the oven to roast before cutting it up for the soup. It was just after solar noon, so I went out to rake in my bare feet. I could hardly believe it was 60. I told Chris that I had prayed for divine guidance and was hearing that we were enabling our tenants to live in a house they cannot afford with property they cannot take care of. He didn't say much. I read my e-mail, and typed some notes for my blog later. I listened to an interview on sound healing in bed with headphones. When the low battery ding came, I got up right away to plug it in, but it shut down before I could get back to the cord in the diningroom. I ate some of the chicken chunks that did not go in the soup. I also had a bowl of the soup, and finished the interview. I checked Friday's blog to see if the puppy video was playable, but discovered that it hadn't published. So I published it, but the video would not play for me. Mirna called to get confirmation on a design to stitch on my quilt top. I went downstairs to sew pieces from the stack-n-whack. Because of the print and the way I cut it, all the blocks are going to look alike. I was disappointed. I repaired the torn shirt Chris left on my sewing chair. I was not so pleased with the way it came out, but he thought it was just fine. I googled ways to repair a rip, not finding anything helpful. We went down to watch The Gamers: Hands of Fate. Chris loaded it on my laptop and he plugged the laptop into the TV. It was very interesting, both intellectually and emotionally. Chris had to explain how the card games worked. It was very escapist.

No comments: