Thursday, January 16, 2014

Show and tell

I got up at 8am, which seemed plenty early for what I had to accomplish. I read e-mail, and tried to find good deals on schizandra extract, and ghee. I had to call Swansons because they had not given me a discount on my last order. She offered to rebate the difference, but had trouble calculating it. I disputed her figures and finally she just gave me 15% off of the entire order. I forgot about the recyclables until after the time at which they were picked up last week. I also forgot to mention that Jehovah's Witnesses came by yesterday. But the woman who usually leads them was not present and so they accepted my 'not interested' far easier than she would have. I was a little chilly and since the new unit is so much more efficient than the old one, I turned up heat a degree. Chris left the bread machine open, so I made a loaf of bread. I took my project in progress to the Thursday sewing meeting. There I finished the project, and started a star block for tonight. Mary said her quilt was accepted into the Lancaster show, and in our discussion of Lancaster I mentioned Cold Wars, and the lady next to me told me about the Forbes exhibit of toy soldiers. I left at 2. I made three breakfasts, and ate one. I checked my e-mail, and finalized an Amazon order for ghee and B-12. I forgot about the schizandra. I went down to finish the last project and side projects, and two star blocks for the guild meeting. Chris came home, and fixed turkey burgers for both of us. I just had time to eat two and leave for the meeting. The parking lot was packed, as was the hall. I turned in the strips and the two blocks. I gave Mirna her part of the Swanson's order. When the blocks were raffled, it was announced that 18 were for the raffle and only 9 of them had been turned in for making charity quilts. I would think that the 300(?) people who showed up could do better than that. I did one of each. There was show-n-tell, which is my favorite part, hence this picture. Then for the program, Barbara Black gave a talk about the Houston quilt show and things you might like to know before you go. It went long. Some of it was interesting, but what I really wanted to see were pictures of the quilts. She cut them out because the presentation was going too long. I walked out just as she was finishing up. I think she was about to do a raffle, but I wanted to be home by 9 and avoid everyone rushing for the door. Some people had left already. When I got home, Chris was reading e-mail. We watched another episode of Sherlock. I haven't figured out why the episodes were so far apart in the first season, but are so close together now. Chris went to bed and I am waffling between some last minute sewing and tapping, or going to bed now.

No comments: