Thursday, January 2, 2014

Still catching up

I heard it rain during the night, figured that meant no raking today. Probably because the skies were gray, I did not wake up early, and did not get up until 10. I juiced the long cucumber and the rest of the beans. Then I ate breakfast. I had planned to attend the Thursday quilt group, but there was too much to do here. I folded two baskets of laundry and put the clothes in drawers. I took a shower, and cut my hair. I figured that if I scooped up hanks of hair with a brush, then cut along the side of the brush, I would get an even cut. But that did not work out well. Then, I thought that by combing my hair down the back of my neck and pulling the collar of my bathrobe over it and cutting along the top of the collar, I could cut the back straight. That did not work either. Looking in a hand mirror with my back to the wall mirror, I evened the ends out, and then shaved my neck. The result wasn't too bad. I took Chris' shirt (which I promised to fix last year, i.e. Monday) downstairs. I cut a rectangular patch on point and sprayglued it to the inside of the arm where the rip was. While letting it dry, I ironed fabric, and sorted my blues to find a matching piece for Beverly.  Then I stitched around the edge of the patch, and zigzagged the rip itself.  Chris came home at 3:30. I read e-mail, and meditated. I cleared some old e-mail and ate supper. I sorted the recyclables for tomorrow. Then I watched a TQS episode. I listened to a tapping audio while Chris ate supper. But he was so into his computer game that it was late before we started watching Star Trek. So we only saw two episodes before he went to bed at 11. I have to wonder: what do Vulcans do when they get insomnia? Can they self-nerve pinch?
*  Here is Faye giving Mom new shoes for Christmas  *

No comments: