Sunday, January 26, 2014

Carolyn's house, and then the puppies (Friday)


I got up at 7:45, thinking it was later. The thermometer read 0, the lowest I have ever seen it. I read e-mail until 8:22, then I sat and read in the sun in the guest room. I exercised to music, then showered. I juiced the last of the celery and some carrots. Finally it was time for breakfast. While I was eating and reading e-mail, I noticed the mailman stopping in front. I felt bad for him in such cold weather, so I ran out and met him halfway. Strangely, it did not seem that cold and all I was wearing was a long sleeve shirt and an apron (and pants and socks). He handed me mail and a box. When I opened it, there were 2 jars of ghee. I put them in the fridge and started watching an episode of The Quilt Show (TQS). Bertha drove up around 11. When I saw her, I paused the video, grabbed my coat, purse and the quilt, and got in her car. We went to Carolyn's house. She gave me the job of greeting people and hanging up coats. It was every bit as elegant and well put together as Carolyn herself. She showed me her sewing room and it was as beautiful as any quilt shop. Her whole house was lovely. Her many quilted works of art hung all over her house. She and other ladies were in the kitchen getting an elaborate buffet lunch together. When it was ready, some people sat in the dining room, and we later ones congregated in the sun room to eat. The view was enchanting. I don't know why she would ever want to leave her house. After lunch there was a modified quilt show as we viewed a bunch of Linus quilts and chose 6 for Barbara's grandchildren.  I showed them the quilt Barbara gave me to finish quilting by hand and asked them if we could finish it as a group.  Many of them agreed.  Then we broke up into small groups as one by one, the ladies left. I am not sure when Bertha and I left. We went to her house to see the puppies that she is fostering and her quilt works in progress. I gave her my opinion, which is guaranteed to be worth every penny paid for it. When she dropped me off at home, it was a little after 5. Chris had fish soup on the stove. I made and ate a salad, and finished watching the TQS episode. I ate the fish soup with the last of the raw fish thrown in. I watched part of another TQS episode. Then we watched “The Treasure of the Sierra Madre” courtesy of Netflix. Chris checked his e-mail one last time and went to bed. I checked mine, and posted the day's events to my blog.

No comments: