Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cold and getting colder

I got up at 8:30, like yesterday. I started reading e-mail with the HappyLight, but noticed the sun shining, so I read in the sun coming through the guest room window. I forgot to swish. I exercised to some disco. I played it on the desktop because the Flash player on my laptop kept crashing. I rebooted the laptop, and had to wait for it to recover. I juiced broccoli, and a large cucumber. I plugged in the tablet to recharge. While writing my blog post for last night, I got to the part about recyclables and suddenly remembered to run them out to the street. Then I finished the post. Chris sent me a weather report calling for sub-zero temps in higher elevations tonight. Are we still in Alabama? I packed up some fabric for making a cross, and the diagrams which I drew last night. I drove to the church on Westmoreland. It was quite cold. I talked to Charmaine, and Lu. I found a seat, and worked on the cross. It was difficult because all of the pieces are on point so there are a lot of sqrt 2 measurements, for which my rulers are not accurate. Pat could not believe I was old enough to have a child of 22.  Melissa brought the fish quilt to show me how it turned out.  (see last Thursday's post pic)   I packed up and drove home before 3. The garage door got stuck half way up and I had to push it. I hope we don't have to put in a work order to have it fixed. By the time I made breakfast, it was after 3. I read some e-mail, and then tapped until I thought Chris would arrive. But he was late for some reason. I put together a salad for supper, and after Chris arrived, ate some hummus with a clove of raw garlic. We watched several episodes of Star Trek downstairs. Chris was falling asleep, so he went to bed pretty quickly after that. I stayed up to make sure my blog post got written and published tonight so I won't get any comments tomorrow. You know who you are.
*  This is Jodi with her rainbow jellyroll quilt  * 

No comments: