Sunday, January 5, 2014

GPS backup

I heard my phone alarm go off at 8. Chris did not get up, so neither did I. I guess he was waiting for his phone alarm, but it never rang. So we missed church. We read e-mail and had breakfast. I searched the internet for light therapy devices that hang on the back of a door. I did not find one other than the one advertised in an e-mail. At 1:30 we went to Publix for groceries. After we put them away, I programmed Beverly's address into my tablet. She wanted some fabric I had and asked me to bring it over since she was sick. I wasn't sure I could find it, so I had the tablet as backup. I pulled off the road just before the last turn to see if the tablet knew where I was. It did, and a minute later showed that I missed her house. She welcomed me in, and her two little dogs rushed forward to greet me. She had some fabric pulled out for me to choose from. I selected a blue one. She showed me some of the projects she is/has worked on. As I was leaving, I showed her the tablet, and one of the dogs ran out. She and her husband came out to catch it. Then I drove home, not needing the tablet to find my way. It was still daylight, but overcast. I went out to rake, but raindrops fell. Mirna called about a good deal on organic walnuts. Then the rain seemed to pause, so I picked up a few sticks and moved them to the pile before it started again. Chris made bean stew with chorizo, but it wasn't ready yet. I folded laundry, and put mine away. I took all the lemons out of the fridge and washed them. I juiced them in my citrus juicer. I poured some in my tea and put the rest in a bottle in the fridge. I looked up small sewing projects on the desktop computer, but none of them seemed right for what I wanted. Then the soup was ready. It was so good that I ate 2 bowls. I put together the beginnings of my next Swanson's order. When Chris had eaten, we went down to watch Star Trek episodes. I told him my nose was cold. He asked what he could do about it, and I told him to take me to a warm place like Thailand. At 10, we finished and he went to bed. I stayed up to look up actors from the episodes.
*  This is one of Beverly's projects from a class.  I think she said it is from Hoopsisters.  *

No comments: