Thursday, January 9, 2014

No more blueberries

I woke up at 8:45. I read e-mail, and danced to songs on Youtube instead of my usual exercises. I started a loaf of bread for Chris. I juiced, and drank. I separated the recyclables and took them out, but none of our neighbors had their box out, and the one down the street was upside down. So maybe I was too late? The important thing is that the stuff is out of the house. I made and ate my breakfast, then went to a church for quilting. There was one seat left. Some of the ladies were getting back from their lunch run. I sewed while they ate, and talked to the lady next to me about her low sugar, gluten-free diet. I told her about the raw salmon I bought and she asked what kind of wild Alaskan salmon it was, since she was from Alaska she knew the different kinds. She wondered how the fish market could have fresh wild salmon when the salmon only runs during a certain season of the year. When I finished my last seam around 2, I packed up to leave. When I got home, I found a piece of the ceiling in the garage on the floor. It was a section of cheap paneling. When I picked it up, it fell apart. I wondered if it was sign of some kind of trouble. For lunch, I ate the rest of the fish and some pickled vegetables. It was warm enough that I could rake leaves with one shoe off. However, my foot was kind of numb when I finished raking. I cleaned up the dirt on the livingroom window sill and on the floor around the speakers. I looked through my nail collection to find some the right size for the hardware. I climbed on a bar stool to hammer the hardware in place. I ironed some Christmas fabric and folded it for storage. Then I ironed the quilt top that I finished earlier today. I draped it over my sewing table and lined some of the edges with the blue fabric that Beverly gave me. I went upstairs to meditate. When I heard Chris come home, I stopped and plugged the headphones in to recharge. I told Chris about the garage ceiling. He said we shouldn't fix it, that it is the landlord's responsibility. He helped me hang the curtain rod on the hardware. Then he made a burrito for supper. I put a sweet potato in the toaster oven, and had some bean soup. I googled how to get blueberry stains out. The tablecloths were soaking in a bucket. I boiled some water and poured it over the stains. That seemed to help. Then I soaked the stained parts in a dish with half glycerin and half warm water. Still not enough, so I used the Chlorox bleach pen on them and threw them in the wash. Chris came down to watch Forever Knight. We saw 3 episodes. He checked his e-mail again and went to bed. I pulled the tablecloths out of the washer and checked to see if the stains were gone. I thought so, but wasn't sure, so I laid them out to dry rather than use the dryer. I stayed up to tap since it is helping me get to sleep.

No comments: