Friday, January 10, 2014

No more naked windows

Even though I tapped until close to midnight, I woke up before 8:30. I read e-mail for awhile, then danced to a few Youtube songs. I decided to juice what was left of the veggies, but left out a little salad for later (or tomorrow). While I was juicing, Mirna came over to deliver 10 lbs of walnuts. I was very happy because I am almost out of them. After she left, I made breakfast. I did an internet search for schizandra berry extract powder at a good price. When I finally found one, Internet Explorer froze up so I couldn't order it. I used the vacuum to clean up leftover dirt under the livingroom window, and hung the burgundy scarves on each side. That is when the missing nail showed up. Grrr.
It was an overcast day, but not too cold, so I raked leaves for almost an hour while listening to an audio. After checking my e-mail again, I cleared the clean dishes from the dishwasher. Then I meditated in a dark room. Chris usually comes home at 5, but was out for the night to play Battletech. So my meditation went long. After it was over, I cooked some Korean fermented soybeans. They already had garlic and salt in them, so I only added lemon and some leftover tongue. I ate some of that for supper, and put the rest away. Then I went downstairs to sew. The most important thing was to choose fabrics for a project coming up, but I procrastinated by working on the Linus quilt. I cut blue borders for it and sewed on two before it hit me that I should save it for Monday at quilt group. But I procrastinated again. I finished another row of the scrap quilt and sewed it on. And I procrastinated a third time: ironing the two gold tablecloths. Then I cleared my sewing table of large and small scraps, sorting them by size. When I finally got around to choosing fabrics, it was almost too easy. I chose one focus fabric for each project and put the coordinates off until daylight tomorrow. Then I sorted through my projects file, grouping everything into bagsNtotes, quilt-related, and other. THEN I found my project notebook which I have been looking for for quite a while. I paged through it, looking at projects I haven't seen for so long. I heard Chris come home about 11. So I finished it and put it where I could find it next time. Then I came up to greet him. He was reading his e-mail, and then went to bed.

No comments: