Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Chris leaves and Lent begins

Chris woke me up with a back rub. He took a shower and I stayed in bed for awhile before getting up. We read e-mail, and Faye tried to Skype me. Skype did not work, so I called her phone and we chatted for awhile until Chris was leaving and I wanted to day goodbye. After he left, I wrote a check and put it in the mailbox. I was going to send it yesterday, but did not have a viable mailbox to put it in. Sounds like a flimsy excuse, doesn't it? I moved my laptop to the kitchen table so I could listened to the first day 9 tapping audio while clearing the dishwasher, and exercising. Then I got a mental shout to go to the post office so I went to mail the package and buy stamps ($0.49@!). I did not have to wait long in line. On the way back I went to the seafood store, but their salmon hadn't been delivered yet. I came home and juiced kale, green beans, a pepper and some carrots. I played the second audio of Day 9 while I worked and during breakfast. I read e-mail, then swept the porch and patio. It was warm enough to go barefoot and to open the windows. I searched for plantain in the yard, but did not find any. I took my supplements, then got the mail, but it was all ads. I did another meditation. Then I drybrushed all over and took a shower. It has made my skin so soft. I was listening to an audio when Chris called to tell me he'd arrived at his hotel. After he hung up, I went back to get the fish. Back at home, I cut it into 4 pieces and packed three of them in a bag with ice. I ate the fourth one. I listened to the Day 3 audio for Abundance for Life Mindfest. After the audio was a coordinating meditation. It lasted 55 minutes and practically put me to sleep. I had a bit to eat, and started another audio, but had to pause it because it was time to leave for church. I wore my black wrap over my top to hide the fact that I have given up wearing bras for Lent. It got rather warm during the Ash Wednesday service. Mary brought me some music for Palm Sunday. Tamara forgot her bulletin so I gave her mine for the last hymn. We chatted after the service, and I talked to Jennifer. Then I returned home. I listened to the two new audios for Day 10 and the associated meditation afterward. These audios did not have a lot of tapping so I covered the scratch marks on my shoes with a sharpie and worked several Sudoku puzzles, and now my eyes hurt. 
*  This is a show-n-tell from Monday.  It might be Joan's quilt top.  *

No comments: