Sunday, March 2, 2014

Making Linus quilts

I had a hard time staying asleep last night. I woke up early with a headache, so I drank some water and went back to bed. The alarm was supposed to go off at 9, but Chris must have turned it off because we got up at 9:20. I boiled water for breakfast, then showered, and finished making breakfast. I ate breakfast, and quickly dressed. Chris dropped me off at the church door so I could run in and join the choir in practice. Mary the organist had some music to show me. After the service, we talked to Shannon who is leaving for Oregon next Sunday. We went home to change clothes. I did not go grocery shopping because of the headache. Instead I ate lunch and took my supplements. When Chris got back, he put my sewing stuff in the car. We drove to the corner church. He brought my stuff inside for me and then he left. I found fabric to make borders on the Linus quilt, and a backing. I gave Rebecca a magazine renewal offer. The other ladies were starting new quilt tops made of equilateral triangles. After cutting and sewing on the borders and backing pieces, it was time to pack up and clean up. I had planned to call Chris to help, but did not have my phone. I packed it up and Bertha put it in my car. I brought home a previous Linus quilt to bind and a panel to add borders to. I drove home by five. I left my stuff in the car for tomorrow. I smelled daffodils, and went to see them blooming in the garden. When I came in, I put soup in the toaster oven to heat. I ate the last of the liver, and listened to an audio. Chris ate more of the half cake and put the rest in a tupperware container so I could have the cake saver for the big cake. I got the layers out of the freezer and stacked them with frosting in between. I had to make more frosting to have enough to completely cover the sides and top. For extra pizazz, I shaved a square of really dark chocolate and sprinkled the chocolate crumbs over a quilt stencil to make a design. Sadly it was not as well centered as I thought. After putting the cake in the fridge for tomorrow, I folded some laundry. Then we wtched episodes of The Flash. Chris went to bed, and I stayed up for Day 7 of the Tapping Summit.

No comments: