Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Shifting gears

Last night I listened to an audio on dreams and longevity. She recommended waking up slowly, reviewing the last dream 3 times, then writing down the symbols, associations, dream dictionary definitions, life situation, and emotions.
I don't know when I woke up except that it was before 8:30. I tried the dream sequence, then got up. I drybrushed and exercised in my room. Then I went into the bathroom to anoint, and put on my robe. Cecily was sitting at the diningroom table with her laptop when I got there. She could not get her laptop on the internet, so we went into the computer room. But the desktop was in Ubuntu and it did not reboot properly. Alfred was ready for breakfast so I showed him where all the ingredients were. I juiced while Cecily checked her e-mail on my laptop. Then I fixed breakfast and ate it while clearing e-mail. I drove to the Tuesday quilt group. They had BOM projects from last year on display. It was nice to see them all. I had some social interaction and they invited me to go with them next Friday on a caravan trip to some out-of-town fabric shops. On the way home, I stopped at the Asian store for kimbap, sprouts, and dried lily flowers. When I got home, they were eating lunch, so I joined them with my kimbap and kimchi. I saw the mailman go by, so I went after the mail. There was a box on the porch from Nutsonline. It was full of nuts and powders, but the sea salt had leaked into the box. After lunch, Alfred and I took my car to the Volkswagon dealership to get a new dipstick. Apparently the stick and the shaft are plastic and disintegrating. Al noticed the transmission problems on the way over. The parts we needed cost $30, so we asked about the gear shift boot. It was $190 so I decided to keep the plastic bag that I have been using. On the way back, we stopped in at Brian's Auto Repair. The owner rode with us for a bit and the transmission worked perfectly. Grrr. But we decided it needed to be computer analyzed. One of the technicians rode home with us and drove the car back to the shop. They will also change the oil, install the dipstick shaft, and change the time on the clock. Al and I went downstairs to investigate the dip in the diningroom floor. I don't want to end up dead in the basement crushed by the diningroom wall. But we could not find any irregularities in the joists. Chris came home while I was transferring foods from the shipping bags into jars. He opened the 5 gallon tub of coconut oil so I could put some in smaller, more manageable containers. I cleared some e-mail before supper. I went down to look through the box of American Girls dolls and accessories in preparation for giving them to my in-laws to take home so that their other granddaughter can play with them when she visits. Soon Chris came down to tell me it was time to leave for the restaurant. We went to Bonefish Grill for supper. There were no leftovers: I ate my meal and Chris ate his and whatever his parents did not want. When we got home, we sat in the livingroom to talk. First Cecily dropped out to go to bed, then Chris. Finally Al went to bed and I stayed up to post.
*  This is from Monday, but I am not sure who made it.  *

No comments: