Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pictorial Quilt Presentation

I don't know when I got up. I went out to the diningroom to greet my in-laws before they left. We had a little time to chat and then they packed their car and left for home. When I got to my e-mail, the time was just after 8. I cleared the first round. Then I anointed my head, and got dressed. I sorted the recyclables and took them out to the street. I watered the seedlings in the window and practiced my trombone. I put on an audio while I drybrushed and exercised. Then I returned to e-mail. Another audio played while I juiced sprouts, beans, kale, and zucchini. I made breakfast after that, and ate during a third audio. I took the quilt that needed binding to the Thursday group because they have so many people that the tables fill up. It seemed better to have handwork that can be done away from the table. However, when I got there, there was only a handful of ladies, so there would have been plenty of room for my machine. So I worked on the binding while chatting with the ladies. At 2:15 someone mentioned the time and since I hadn't turned my watch ahead, I needed the notification. I folded the quilt and drove home. The mailbox was open, so I pulled out the mail and shut it. How long it will stay closed is anyone's guess. Apparently the rental agent is in no hurry to fix it. I had some ham and kimchi for lunch. I played an audio and read e-mail, trying desperately to catch up. I finally figured out how to change my e-mail sig file. Pray that Yahoo doesn't reconfigure that path again. I went outside to enjoy the sun by running the mower. I finished the back yard and inside the fence. I read e-mail again until Chris came home. I fixed myself a salad. I changed my clothes and went to the guild meeting.  I signed up for the bus trip to Paducah.  Debbie let me sort the strips all by myself. This time I made sure I did not get one of my own strips. Sadly I miscounted the piles and had to tweak the system to arrange it. But she said I could do it every month if I want, so I get to try again. As the comfy quilts were shown off, I heard a murmur from the audience and looked up to see my second fish quilt being held up. They are all anonymous, but I know who made it. Kathy McNeil did a presentation on her life and award-winning quilts. It was interesting to see her pictorial style. Looks like an awful lot of work. I left as soon at the meeting was over. Chris was waiting at home. We watched Just One of the Guys, a teenage movie from Netflix.  He says he doesn't remember the big reveal.  Chris showed me a card signed by all of his coworkers. Then he went to bed. It'll be my turn as soon as I get this posted.

No comments: