Monday, March 3, 2014

Sewing on a cold day

I got up at 8:41, and cleared some e-mail. I put on an audio to play while I exercised. Seeing the thermometer read around freezing, it was hard to believe that just yesterday we had the heat off and the windows open. Inside it was 65, so I turned the heat back on. II juiced broccoli, cucumber and extra carrot shreds. Then I had breakfast. I packed my lunch, gathered a project, and grabbed the cake. I was heading to the church when I found the mailbox on the ground. I set it back on it's base intending to fix it later. I brought sewing stuff into the church first and then the cake. I pinned sections of the binding for the Linus quilt before it was time to eat lunch with the ladies. After eating, we sang the birthday song to the birthday women. Then the cake was cut and Rebecca's tiny cupcakes were passed out, too. Most of the ladies said they liked the cake. I finished sewing the binding on to the front. Then I ironed the strips and cut blocks from some leftovers I inherited. Glenda asked for my opinion of her fabric choices for a cross wallhanging. Finally it was just Roberta and I. We packed up and were out by 4. I drove home, and brought in the cake but not the sewing stuff. It was too cold to fix mailbox. I read e-mail, and followed Brad's latest tapping audios. Chris came home, and showed me his ripped shirt sleeve. I had already repaired it once or twice so I told him “You know where the machine is.” We each ate supper. Chris brought in my sewing stuff, and then we watched X-Men 3. It was a Chris movie, but apparently he'd never seen it, and it seemed awfully familiar to me. He checked his e-mail and went to bed. I stayed up to listen to Day 8 of the Tapping Summit. 
*  This is Carolyn's fusible applique block from the book by Dianne Hire.

No comments: