Monday, March 24, 2014

Chris arrives - in Kwajalein

I got up at 7: 30 thinking I heard the phone, but it wasn't ringing. I anointed my forehead, and posted to my blog for yesterday. I read e-mail, exercised, drybrushed, and watered the seedlings. I transplanted the ones that sprouted outside the peat balls. I juiced, and made breakfast while listening to audios. I got dressed, packed lunch, and was ready to go to the church. There were very few ladies there, which was unusual with no retreat going on. More ladies came later, but not as many as usual. I talked to Joan who sat across the table from me. I worked on the scrap 4-patch project.  Carolyn was still worried about the spot on my forehead and wanted to take me to the clinic. I wanted to see the eye doctor and she offered to take me to eye dr, then to the clinic. It was a cunning plan which would have worked if she hadn't told me about the clinic.  I came home to work in the yard since it was sunny and tomorrow won't be. The mailbox was open again, so I got the mail out and then bent the upper thingy to hold it shut. I put my sewing stuff away, and checked e-mail quickly. I dug more garden, and used up the rest of the compost, hoping I hadn't overdone it. Dirt is heavy! I watered the emerging peas and spinach, then came in. I emptied a large container in closet, and used it as a basin to wash some dishes. Others went in the dishwasher. I picked some violet blossoms and dandelion for a salad, adding salad greens. I also ate some ham. I read e-mail until Kurt Skyped me.  I got an e-mail from Chris saying he had arrived in Kwajalein. I then talked to Kurt until MaryAnn called. I talked to MaryAnn until after 10. She pointed out that in a previous post I left out the part where Chris' car is a stick shift and that is why I had trouble driving it.  After hanging up with her, I made up vitamin doses for the next 8 days. I could have gone to bed, but decided to stay up later and avoid waking up in the middle of the night. Time to get on with the tapping.
*  This is a close-up of one of the magnolia trees in our yard.  *

No comments: