Saturday, March 15, 2014

National Quilt Day

We got up about 9:30. I read e-mail, and looked at party ideas. I made juice out of the remaining veggies. I drank it outside because the weather was so nice. I did my exercises and then ate breakfast. I had time to drybrush while listening to an audio on magnesium. She said calcium is used for muscle contraction, and magnesium for muscle relaxation. Maybe my mom needs more magnesium. I worked on the binding for the batik quilt. I took a bread to rake in the sun. I returned to the binding (and the next audio). I followed Chris outside to cut his hair. He wanted it really short, like ¼ inch, but I did not know how to make that look good. We washed our cars and left them to dry. I finished the binding and audio. I moved the coffee table to take pics of the finished quilt. Then it was time to recharge the camera battery. I suddenly remembered to label the seeds beds and I watered them, too. I saw in an e-mail that today is National quilting Day, so finishing a quilt is perfectly appropriate. Sadly I had no way to commemorate pi day, which was yesterday. I practiced my trombone, then went to my sewing room to cut fabric rectangles and work on the drawing of a border for sri yantra. Chris came down to remind me of the time. I ate salad, and thought so hard about sri yantra that I nearly fell asleep. Then we watched 2 episodes of Inspector Lewis. I tried to skype Michele from my laptop, but Skype would not cooperate. The tablet had to pick up the slack. I sat in the computer room to better hold the signal. She and Chris had files to talk about, all of which pertained to her getting a work visa. Then we hung up to go to bed.
*  This is the one Mirna recently quilted  *

No comments: