Sunday, March 9, 2014

Turning the tables on the lions

There was no alarm on my laptop so I went to a website to set one. I put on the meditation CD and went to sleep. I woke several times during the night with no idea why. When morning came, I heard what sounded like hammering. That was the online alarm. My phone had not yet updated itself so its alarm did not go off. Later I found myself in bed with wet ears. When I realized that meant I had taken a shower and was supposed to be getting dressed for church, I got up. I think I had already eaten, so I just dressed and left for Sunday School. The roads were amazingly clear of traffic. The trip went quickly. The person I was supposed to help was not there, so I was in charge of seating 16 kids and getting them started decorating lion cookies. Since all the kids were in one place, all the adult helpers were there, too, so it went well. After the cookie project (they ate their creations), there was supposed to be a movie, but apparently it could not be found, so the man brought in the book and read it to the kids. It did not take long and soon the kids were antsy again. But it was time for me to duck out and
go to the choir warmup. That went well except for the part where the tune changes after 4 measures of rest and there is no way to get our starting note from the accompaniment. I sat in our usual place for the service. The man behind me sang really well. The pastor had Shannon and her family come up front for a Godspeed since they are moving to Oregon. After the service, Jennifer talked to me about how tapping with the summit has helped her. I stood in line, talking to Linda S. Then I went home to change clothes and have lunch. I checked the mail and there was a card from Maryann. And lots of ads. I put the scarf from Goodwill into a bowl of hot, soapy water. At 2, I took a quilt that needed binding and drove to the storage unit where we meet once a month. It was a larger group than usual and even more ladies showed up later. I made progress on the binding and got to talk to Denise. Chris called to tell me that he'd been selected to be an interim DGC at Kwadjuleine. The stitch group wrapped it up by 5:30 and I was surprised to find daylight when we walked out. I called Chris back when I got home. After hanging up, I watered the seeds planted yesterday and found out that the watercan was badly cracked near the bottom. I put the garbage out, including the vacuum cleaner that doesn't start. I squeezed a lemon into water, ate an avocado, and made seaweed soup. Ok, so I don't know how to make seaweed soup, but how hard could it be? That depends on how edible the outcome has to be. I did eat some, and I drank some of the liquid as a sort of seaweed tea. Reminds me of being at the beach. But overall, it was disappointing. Seaweed is supposed to be very nourishing. And it will be, in the garden. Turning my attention to the scarf, I squeezed it out and hung it up to dry. I cleared e-mail and returned to the tapping videos. Later I was surprised to see how late it was and I went to bed.

No comments: