Monday, March 10, 2014

The return of Chris

You would think me the biggest proponent of daylight savings time because it takes an hour of daylight that I normally sleep through and adds it to the evening when I can appreciate it. But when I woke up at 7:15, or rather that is what my spare watch said, I did not feel like getting up. It was really 8:15. I got up to read e-mail, exercise, and clean up the place in preparation for Chris' return. I had no vegetables to juice, so I went directly to breakfast. I packed a lunch, used the vacuum, and took my sewing box out to the car. I arrived just after 11. I brought a project to work on. But all too soon the few ladies that were there decided to have lunch. So we sat and ate the lunches we brought. It was a small group because most of the ladies were on retreat. Rebecca and Mirna and Virginia came later. Chris called to let me know he was home at 12:30. Mirna brought fabrics for a baby quilt and for a backing for a larger quilt. The quilt backing had two holes in it, so she sewed a tuck that eliminated both. Mirna and I left early. I wanted to be home by 3 so Chris and I could go grocery shopping. Rebecca stayed later with Virginia. They were still there when we got back from shopping. After unloading the groceries, I made bread. Chris boiled some eggs and kept an eye on the onion soup. He also had most of the laundry done. The sheets were still on the bed so we used them one last time before putting them in the wash. I told Chris that I could not change the sheets while he was gone (because lifting the corners of the mattress out of the waterbed frame was taking a chance with my back) so we should buy 8 fitted sheets. He could put them all on the bed before he left for Kwadjuleine and each week after I could take one off. He asked what would happen if he was gone more than 8 weeks. Well, the 8th sheet would stay on the bed. I would wash the other 7 and each week baste a clean one onto the bottom one. But that's a lot of basting, maybe I'll just staple them on.
For supper we had the onion soup with mozzarella cheese on top. I cleared some e-mail and searched for a good buy on better thread. When the bread was finished baking, Chris put it in the fridge and we went down to watch The Philadelphia Story, followed by an episode of The Flash. We closed the windows and turned the heat back on.  I helped Chris make the bed and watched him prepare a bagel for tomorrow morning. He went to bed and I stayed up to finish e-mail.
*  There were no quilts to take pics of today, so gaze upon our lovely daffodils.  *

No comments: