Saturday, March 29, 2014

Practicing at church

I woke up at 7. I got up just long enough to read the time and send out two e-mails before I went back to bed. I got up an hour later, hearing rain, and wanting to collect more rain water. I brought it what had collected and ran it through the coffee maker. I exercised, drybrushed, showered, and juiced. I meditated so the juice could be best absorbed, and then worked on breakfast. I brought in more rain water. I am the only person I know with jars of rainwater in the fridge. I watered my indoor seedlings and discovered that the peppers are full of fruit flies or gnats. So I set the trays outside hoping the little critters would find something outside more to their liking. I practiced my trombone briefly, then packed it up for practicing at the church. I practiced my choir music, too, but had so much trouble finding the notes that I quit in frustration. I was reading e-mail again when MaryAnn skyped me. We talked about being in the band. Then it was time to leave for practice with the organist. We played the piece, but I did not feel comfortable playing it because of all the dissonance. Every note sounded wrong. We discussed other options. Then she helped me rehearse the choir piece for tomorrow. I did better than at home, but was still not satisfied with all the entrances. When I got home, I left my trombone in car, and got the mail. I tried playing the music on the flute, but could not remember the fingering for Eb. I finished my breakfast, put on an audio, and ate lunch. I looked at quilts on Pinterest. I also sang with Disney videos on Youtube. It is a great mood booster. I brought the seedlings in, and they appeared to be bug-free. I washed laundry (clothing and pillowcases) and fabric in two loads. I e-mailed back and forth with Chris. I watched some tapping videos. When all the fabric was done, I took my laptop downstairs to listen to interviews while I ironed. When the last audio quit after 10, I turned the iron off and came upstairs to blog and go to bed.
*  another pic of the quilt shop  *

No comments: