Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Thread for life

I stayed up too late last night downloading files from the tapping summit 2014. I got up about 8:30 or 9, I think. I cleared some e-mail, and looked up a kids song that did not go so well in Sunday School. I cleared the sink, folded laundry, then juiced broccoli, celery, and a cucumber. After exercising, I ate breakfast. Briefly, I played my trombone, practicing the new part. I opened windows, and went outside to get some sun. There wasn't much to do: clip treelings, and pick old vines off of the fence. And I watered the seed beds. I got back on the computer to read e-mail. I obsessed over thread choices and finally ordered two spools - $160.  More like cones, but at half a cent per yard, how could I resist?  I reminded myself to make the tie-backs. I re-newed some magazine subscriptions, then went downstairs to open the garage and the basement window. I ironed some yardage that was machine-washed and handwashed some smaller pieces and then ironed them. I played an audio while working out the logistics on the tie-backs. They look so simple, but there are a lot of decisions to make. By the time I got one finished, Chris had come home and was fixing himself supper. I read an e-mail he had sent out to the family about how he was going to Kwadjeine Atoll for 4 months. I wasn't prepared to face being alone for so long and it hit me hard. I had to do some tapping before I was ready to face him. We talked about it and how it was a good career move for him. We went downstairs to watch episodes of The Flash. His parents called to talk about the temporary assignment and see if they could visit him there. After 3 episodes, we came up to look up all the familiar actors and actresses that played cameo roles. He went to bed, and I guess I will, too.
*  I just noticed these violets in bloom.  They are sweet and tasty.  *

No comments: