Wednesday, March 19, 2014

To buy or not to buy

I woke up at 8:30. I wanted to do the dream sequence, but my last dream was not a good one. I drybrushed and completed my exercises before leaving the bedroom. I anointed my head with iodine, and put on a robe. I met Cecily in the dining room. It was too early to eat, so I read e-mail for awhile before juicing. I called my dad to make sure he knew about Chris. He told me my mom had fallen that morning. After the phone call, I started making breakfast. I was also talking to Al and Cecily and the time flew faster than I realized. I stopped eating at 10:30 to brush my teeth and get dressed. Al and Cecily drove me to the dental office. They went to WalMart while I had my teeth cleaned, x-rays taken, and gum pockets measured. The hygienist told me that they were considering having a massage therapist to relax the patients before or after their visits. It sounded like a great idea to me. Cecily was waiting for me when I got out. When we got home, they put a pizza in the oven for lunch and I finished my breakfast. I also had some ham and a banana. We went down to check out the American Girl box. Alfred put it in their car, and we found a box of canning jars to go in with it. I called the mechanic, and got the bad news about the transmission. Al looked up used cars on the internet while Cecily told me to look up rentals. I left Chris a message, but he pulled in to the driveway soon after, so he did not get it. Since a new transmission would cost more than the car is worth, we all went to pick up the car. After Chris paid, the man told me that I was free to go, but don't leave town. Cecily rode back with me and the car drove fine. We had a little time before our dinner reservations, so I took the lawn mower out for its first spin of the year. I did the front yard and part of the back before Chris came to tell me it was almost time to leave. I washed up and changed clothes, then we went to Outback. We had a nice dinner. It was so close to choir practice time that Chris drove us straight to the church. The three of them waited while I sat in practice with the choir. It was no more than half an hour. I brought the thumb drive for Jennifer and had it sitting in my lap so I would not forget it. But I did, and stood up, dropping it. Then I could not find it. But Jennifer spotted it sitting on top of my black purse. She was happy to get it. Then we went home. We talked about electric cars and how to drive standards. Chris went to bed, and the conversation went on. Then they went to bed and I was able to finish my blog and go to bed. 
*  This is Joan showing off a kit she made.  *

No comments: