Friday, March 28, 2014

Fabric Day

Last night I figured out how to set my alarm for 6:30. I could not figure out how to set it only for today. I woke up in the middle of the night and had a little trouble going back to sleep. When I woke up the second time, I could not tell if it was still night, or just beginning day. The microwave declared it to be 6:18. I got up and took a shower. My alarm rang while I was getting dressed. I went outside to see how much rainwater I had collected. I brought it in and filtered it, then put it through the coffee pot, and then into the fridge. I checked e-mail, then packed my breakfast and lunch into a tote and headed out, a little after 7. My phone rang on the way. It was Beverly. I could not find the phone fast enough to answer it. But she was waiting when I got to the church. There were about 10 ladies waiting. One of them was way too perky for the hour. At 7:30 we got into 3 cars and headed up 72 to a McDonalds. The other ladies ordered food, but I ate my prepared breakfast and took my supplements. Then we drove for some time, and ended up at an out-of-the-way place called Moore's. It had two big rooms of fabric and one of consignments. I loaded up and counter, finding fabric as fast as the lady could cut it. Since there were so many of us, it took a while to get out of there. We drove for a long time, and pulled into an Arby's for lunch. Again, I ate my own food. Then we went to a place called Hammer's. It was a department store with a good size fabric department. I loaded up there, too. The clerk was telling me about a potato chip quilt that she had made. It was called that because it was so simple you can't make just one. She drew the pattern on a piece of paper for me. Then Beverly started a rumor that I would have one done by next Tuesday. Ha, Ha. From there we headed back. But first we stopped at an Amish food store. There was very little I could eat there. Their 'home-made' applebutter had red dye #40 in it. Then our driver wanted to take a little side tour of where her father's farm used to be. THEN, we headed back to Huntsville. When we got to the church, I loaded my fabric in the car and came home, really tired. I laid down for a bit, then got up to eat and read e-mail. I played an audio while I digested and cleaned up a little. I got a package from MaryAnn with pretty kitty-cat fabric. I skyped Kurt because skype said he was on, but it lied. Still, he skyped me back and talked for 3 hours. He wants to buy a used car and I told him he could have mine WHEN I'm done with it. I had to sign off then because it was time for bed.

No comments: