Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A card from Chris

I must have fallen asleep quickly again last night because I woke up early again. Maybe this is prep for daylight savings time? I swished and read by my HappyLight. Then I soaked the sprouts. I think they should be farther along by now. Maybe they stay too wet, so I got an old pair of pantyhose and slipped the sprouter inside. I went outside (50 F) and swung it around, using centrifugal force, as per the instructions. I hope it worked. Then I sat down to read e-mail. I got one from the contractor and one from Parker, forwarding the contractor's e-mail and adding questions of her own. I left him a voice mail and wrote her a note too. I was writing to Chris when she called. We talked until my phone battery died. I called back but only got her voice mail. I wrote a check, got dressed, and put it in the mail. I put my hexecontehedron pieces in a bag. I drove to the Sew Faithful meeting. Parker called while I was driving. The conversation lasted well into the parking lot. Finally we hung up and I went inside. Beverly was not there so I sat with some other women and we had a nice chat. But they were almost ready to go, so I found myself at the Asian store by 11:30. I got the usual bag of sprouts, but they had sold out of kimbap already. I was very disappointed. She said she would save me one next week. I drove home. There was no call from the contractor, but Parker did say her assistant saw him over at the house measuring. I brought in the mail. There was another card from Chris. It was one of those cards with rhyming verses, but they were not in rhyming order. The pages were reversed and looked like someone sewed them in (using a one-thread chain stitch). Then I read his handwritten paragraphs on how he misses me. Awww. I realized I had not exercised. I listened to an audio while I worked out. Then I started breakfast. Mr. John called. It was good to speak to him finally, but he went on and on. He wanted to keep in touch directly while getting the house fixed up to sell. Jennifer called while I was on the phone, so I called her back afterward. She wants me to play trombone on Easter morning. I wouldn't mind if it didn't take so much work to build up the stamina needed. Then I got to eat my breakfast and finish the audio. I realized that the broccoli sprouts were dying because today they were decreasing in volume, so I ate them. I also ate some of the pea sprouts too, with olive oil. I sat to digest/meditate. I uploaded my DGS blocks to Twitter, I mean Flickr. In my confusion, I almost changed someone else's password for Twitter. That shouldn't be possible, should it? Then I straightened some fabric that Denise had picked out. I trimmed the DGS squares and laid them out on the ping pong table. I sewed them together. They still needed a bottom and side border/sashing, but I came up to see if Chris was on Skype and he was. So we talked, but only for half an hour since he was sleepy and wanted to go to bed. I mentioned his card and he had not realized that the verses rhymed so did not notice that the pages were out of order. I read an article about GE mosquitoes to be released in Florida, and signed a petition to stop it until further studies are done. I made egg and banana pancakes like Maryann described. I put the eggs and a banana in the Magic Bullet. I added some salt. I was a little surprised how much it resembled pancakes when I fried it up. I dealt with new e-mail. I cleaned up in the kitchen. I filtered rainwater and ran it through the coffee machine. I put out a new batch of seeds to soak over night. I worked two Sudoku puzzles. I listened to several tapping interviews and a tapping meditation on falling asleep. I hoped it would be as easy tonight as the last two nights.
* It looks better than I thought, but nothing like I had hoped. *

No comments: