Monday, March 23, 2015

Long day of sewing

I woke up before the alarm but did not get up until it rang. Then I started my usual morning routine with e-mail, swishing, exercise, juicing, meditating and breakfast. I brought in the rainwater collected yesterday, which was not much. I used some of it to start a new batch of sprouts. I processed the rest of it, filtering and running it through the coffee maker. But the coffee maker processed it very slowly and I was ready to go to quilting, but still waiting for the water to finish. I wondered if there was something in the reservoir that was slowing the flow, like a lemon seed. But that was months ago. I washed the collection tubs while I waited, and then went to quilting in Chris' car. The event was sparsely attended. I sewed shut my little handmade prop that holds two paint bottles. Then I worked on the triangle quilt from Renegades. The triangles were easy enough to sew together but the halfs were more difficult. I sold $5 worth of quilt raffle tickets. I was there until 7. Lauri and Virginia were still there. I came home, and brought in the mail. I called up e-mail, and got some ham from the fridge. Chris called on Skype while I was starting to read a bunch of e-mails from Parker. There were several unanticipated items that needed handling. I continued my lunch/supper at 8:30 when I hung up with Chris. I called Dad to tell him that Cecily had all her teeth pulled and we talked for almost 2 hours, mostly about his health issues. Then I tried to eat some sprouts and fermented cabbage and broccoli. It was time to blog and go to bed, but I wanted to finish my e-mail. I saw Swansons was having a 20% off sale, so I went to the site and the items in my cart no long exceeded $50 so to get free shipping I needed 27 cents more. I added an extract and then placed the order. I skimmed the remaining e-mail and decided to do some tapping to get to sleep.
* This is a block one of the ladies showed me on Saturday *

No comments: