Thursday, March 26, 2015

North Alabama Conscious Living

I got up on time this morning. I swished, exercised, and checked e-mail. I got dressed and texted my tapping buddy. She called at 9:30 on Skype. We tapped on my issues, but then she had to leave before we could tap on hers. We made an appt for next week at the same time. I juiced, and made breakfast, and read more e-mail. When I was ready to leave, I tapped for what I might be forgetting. I remembered to mow the lawn. So I did that, and brought in the mail (two packets of seeds) and took out the recyclables. I was in Chris' car before I realized I had the wrong key. So I went back in for that. I drove to quilting, and stalled twice in an intersection but for no reason that I can discern. Then I took a wrong turn and had to go around the block. When I got there, I sat and talked to Marjory and Pat. Marjory wanted me to look at a folder of Thrive foods (freeze-dried). I didn't see anything I wanted to buy. I looked at two of her quilt books, and I worked on the hexecontehedron while talking to Michelle. She has a Gammill Statler. When I finished sewing, I had to glue more diamonds to cardboard. But the fabric was too short so I went to another set, and the glue wouldn't stick to the template. The cardstock was too shiny. So I packed up to come home, and had no trouble. I e-mailed Denise to remind her. I started reading a pdf of the listing agreement, but my brain did not want to focus on it. I opened the garage door and parked my car in front. Denise arrived to help me load the fabric tubs in my car for tomorrow. She invited me to a seder supper at her house the day before Easter. She said it would take about 4 hours. After she left, I got out the mower and did what I could in the front yard until the rain hit. I put away the mower and came in to pack up the project she and I were working on. But the large piece of red that was/would have been almost a third of the quilt wasn't to be found. I listened to an interview while eating ham. I learned that 50% of our energy is spent digesting food, and the body heals when not eating. Suddenly I thought to put out the rain tubs. Then I finished the interview and supper. I responded to an e-mail from Parker and said we needed to talk but I was leaving soon. I drove to meet Jennifer at the Mellow Mushroom. She got in my car and we went to New Hope to the Meetup named in the title of this blog. There were three others there. Two of them had jobs very similar to Jennifer's. It was a great meeting and we shared a lot. It went late – so late that Parker called, thinking I was home. We had to make plans to try the call again in the morning. When it was over, Jen and I went back to her car, talked for a bit, then she got in her car and drove home. I went home, too. I got some water and skyped with Chris. We talked about the listing agreement papers that needed signing. I was so tired that I almost went to bed without posting to my blog.
* This is the quilt that Michelle was working on. *

No comments: