Sunday, March 29, 2015

Fun with spreadsheets

I got up with the alarm and was already awake. My ear hurt from sleeping on it. I tapped and the pain went away, though not immediately. I checked the temp and it was 40. I swished and my exercises and read e-mail. I took a shower and got dressed. I made breakfast. I put on my black dress and wore a pink short sleeve top over it like a jacket. I cut a piece of aloe off for Jennifer and put it in a baggie. I uncovered the peas and the basil. I took some extra shoes and a package of baby wipes with me to church. I put the shoes in the barrel set aside for them, but did not know where to put the wipes. I sat with a lady I did not know in the narthex, waiting for the ss class to let out so we could practice for choir. When I saw Jennifer, I gave her the aloe. Mary gave me an empty 2 liter bottle. Then we practiced and I walked out to join the others waiting to process inside. We sang and raised our palm crosses as we processed inside. The kids rang chimes and then sang. During the service, there was a reading of the gospel story where individuals stood up and spoke the parts. The guy behind me did an amazing job of being narrator. After the service, I counted the loose cash and we agreed to meet back at 2:30. I talked to several people, asking if the church had a printing calculator. Probably not. Then I took a pic of the cross from Honduras on the second cross wall. I went to Publix for groceries and got extra because they won't be open on Easter Sunday. Along the way, I tried to take pics of the blooming trees at Mayfair. When I got home, I put the food away. I made a salad, and ate it in front of computer while watching Philosoper's Notes videos. I changed my clothes and went back to church. Art wasn't there yet. When he came in, we sat down to count the offering for both services. I used my calculator to add up the numbers, sometimes having to do it more than once. He watched me as I did everything he instructed. We finished in an hour an a half. I went home to rake and mow. I mowed under the magnolia tree and in the back yard. I still hadn't finished all of the yard yet. I put the mower away. I found a package on the front porch. It was seeds for sprouting. I made a fruit smoothie, using up the rest of the frozen rhubarb. I read-e-mail, and made up supplements. I watched a bunch more of Philosopher's Notes on Youtube. They were really good. Then I tried using a spreadsheet to add the numbers on the offering sheet, but I did not know how to type the add function. I skyped the question to Kurt and Chris. I started meditating. Chris skyped back, and we talked. He had an answer to my question. I added several columns and decided our answers were good. Then Kurt skyped me and he had a different answer. I tried it and it worked, too. Then the connection broke. I lost the internet and don't know what happened. Chris was gone when I got back on. Kurt went to bed. I finished that meditation and did another one, getting very relaxed. I wrote up my blog notes for the day. I listened to an interview with Dain Heer. Then I downloaded my pics, posted to my blog, and went to bed.

No comments: