Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Three Shades of Blue

I got up at 8. I turned on the router. I alternately read e-mail and exercised and swished. I juiced squash, pea sprouts, carrots and broccoli stems. Then I put the heads of broccoli in water to rehydrate. I put a new batch of seeds in the sprouter to soak. I put out Terro for the ants which are now in the kitchen near the sink. I took my hexe project pieces to quilting. I talked to Jane and Beverly. She gave me an empty 2-liter bottle so I can make a seedling planter. I did not get any sewing done, but I promised to bring her some kimchi to taste to see if she wants to buy her own. I helped Jane put away the flannel boards, and took a pic of her quilt. I stopped at the Asian store for mung bean sprouts and kimbap and kimchi. I think I got the wrong kind – with fish sauce. It did not smell like what I got last time. Also I stopped for gas on the way home, even though I had half a tank. The weather was good and it might not be next week. I brought in the mail, checking at the mailbox to see that it was our mail. Nothing important. I ate the kimbap with already fermented kimchi. I read a tapping article and it brought up a childhood incident where I fell off my bike and suffered a head wound. I tapped inside and then I sat out in the sun to tap some more. I uncovered the kale. Then I laid on the ground to tan the back of my legs. I came in and processed some rain water (that was a few days old). I made and ate breakfast. I listened to a Deepak Chopra meditation. I submitted an order for tooth powder and a light with magnifying glass to work on the hexe project. I called the other eye center location. They answered their phone and all my questions too. I was very impressed. I rinsed the seeds. I put away stuff in the kitchen while listening to an interview. Then I went downstairs to work on my version of the quilt that Jane made. I needed copies for the paper-pieced part. I scanned and printed it 5 times, and it still did not print the right size, changing software and printer settings. Finally I just pressed the print button on scanner and it came out right. I did it again, and tried to get 4 on a page. I decided that her ruler-assisted handdrawing was not exact enough so I planned to do my own. I checked for Chris on skype first, but had to update skype. Then I decided I need the aid of computer software to increase accuracy of the paper-pieced rectangle. Just as I finished, Kurt skyped me and he took pics of me holding the skype embem. Then Chris was on. I cut up the foil wrapper for the dark chocolate to sharpen my scissors as we talked. I saw an Evernote with pics and text from Parker. When I finished talking to Chris, I went through the Evernote making notes of things I wanted to say. I responded to her in an e-mail. Then I went back to the desktop to finalize the rectangle and the lines inside. I printed out multiple copies. By then it was after 11, so I went to bed.
* This is Jane's version of the Three Shades of Gray quilt, the design that needs the paper-pieced rectangles *

No comments: