Friday, March 27, 2015

Calling in the perfect buyers

I set my alarm for 7 last night and I actually woke up before then, wondering what time it was. I tried to go back to sleep but could not. And then the alarm rang. I got up, soaked the sprouts, and checked for e-mail from Parker. I started printing out the listing agreement forms. At first only half pages were printing, so I downloaded them to my desktop and then printed again. When Parker called, I was ready. We discussed which pages needed to be initialed or signed, scanned and e-mailed back. I only had time to do those which were needed immediately to get the house on the market today. Then I made and ate breakfast. I called Jodi and left a message that I would be there as soon as I could. I took a shower. As I was getting out, I got a skype message from my new tapping buddy. I had to tell her now was not a good time, but she shared with me a little of what was going on and I said I would tap for her. I got dressed, grabbed a couple of projects and headed to the Whitesburg church. Jodi was out of the room so I laid down my purse and opened my hatch back. When she came back, I asked to use her rolling wagon to bring in the donated fabric that was stored in my garage. She put out cake and oranges for those who would attend. Ladies drifted in one by one. I worked on making binding first. Someone had donated yards and yards of fabric that someone had practiced free motion on. Rebecca cut several baby size quilts from it and I bound one of them. Denise came and picked out some fabric and a pattern for making a quilt from strips that go all the way across. I alternately helped her with that and cut more baby size quilts from the pre-quilted yardage. Rebecca made the extras in to doggie beds to be donated to the shelter. A number of ladies made tops from donated blocks. Some did binding and some put on the labels. Some made backings and some took sets home to quilt. It was a very successful day. By 4 we were packed up. I came home, glad I had brought a coat since it got chilly today. As I drove up to the house, I could see the front door was wide open. I parked my car, and then called Denise. I stayed in the phone with her while I entered the house and looked around. Nothing had been touched or was missing. There was a package on the porch and I wondered if the delivery man knocked hard enough to open the door. It was locked but apparently did not catch in the frame. I locked it again, making sure it could not open. The heat was going strong. I brought in the wheatgrass and a seed starter. I put a large plant pot over the peas to protect them in case of frost tonight. I checked e-mail and listened to several interviews which were not that interesting. Parker e-mailed that all the pages came through and she was activating the listing today. I mentally sent a signal to the universe for the perfect buyer. I ate kimchi, and some ham and a sweet potato. I nearly fell asleep in my favorite chair afterward, partly because of all the time I spent standing up today. I was far too tired to get in some mowing. I got up when I heard the skype sound. It was Chris wanted to visit before going to his movie night. So we talked for a little while. Then he hung up. I read some more e-mail, and then had my own movie night. It was Earth to Echo from Netflix. It would not play on my laptop so I watched it on the desktop. It was a good movie and I enjoyed it, although the camera angles were reminiscent of The Blair Witch Project. I packaged the DVD to go back to Netflix. I started watching a video about stress in modern society that had aired on a PBS station and was now on Youtube. Then I almost went to bed without posting to my blog.
* This is pic from a book of quilts I'd like to try *

No comments: