Monday, March 2, 2015

Out of my comfort zone

I fell asleep quickly last night. That should have been no surprise since one of the tapping interviews was on falling asleep. And yet I was surprised to wake up early. I kept waiting for the alarm but finally got up thinking I missed it. I watered my sprouts and exercised. I checked e-mail. I juiced and ate some of the pulp. I folded laundry. I found a pair of black/dark blue socks and figured there must be another mismatched pair somewhere, but couldn't find it. I saw an e-mail from Parker saying that she couldn't call on time but would get to me as soon as possible. But it was 10:30 and I had to leave at 11. So I called her. She told me about the hours she and the contractor spent at Lowes yesterday picking out stuff. She was composing an Evernote to show me the pics and comments. (I don't know why a regular e-mail isn't sufficient). She said they chose a different cabinet and that the new doors wouldn't work so the contractor was going to nail trim to the old doors to simulate 2-panel doors. That didn't sound good to me, but I had to meet Donna and Bertha at Kohl's at 11. So I gave her the go-ahead to get the contractor started, and then got in Chris' car and drove to Kohl's. I figured they were already there somewhere, but then they pulled up next to me. I got in Donna's car and off we went to Carolyn's house. A bunch of cars were already there. Denise called, but it wasn't a good time just then. I went into the outer room and talked to the ladies there. Debbie gave me the fabric for the March DGS blocks. They look like skateboards all put together. For lunch we had deviled eggs, ham, biscuits, mixed fruit, and a potato and cheese casserole. I skipped the ham and biscuits. It was a good thing I wasn't hungry because there was a huge delicious-looking chocolate cake, all decorated. And Debbie brought some 'turtles' she had made. I thought seriously about having one. I wasn't sure I could have just one. Then Carolyn brought out some old hats (fascinators) and we each put one on and she took our picture. Then Donna was ready to leave. So we got our coats and left. Donna stopped by Huntsville SewnVac for some fireman fabric. Bertha and I walked around the store, not seeing anything we really wanted. Donna let other people go ahead of her in line, so we were there a while. Then she drove us back to Kohl's. I thought about going to Hobby Lobby since it was right across the street, but it was in a large and busy strip mall parking lot. So I got in Chris' car and headed home. I got caught in after school traffic. I reconsidered my decision not to go to HL. I tapped for anxiety being in a stick shift car caught in bumper to bumper traffic. But all of a sudden it cleared out. EVERYONE was in line to pick up a child. When I could get around the car in front of me, it was smooth sailing home. After parking, I went to the mailbox and found a letter just like the one from Chris on Saturday. I called Denise back and we talked as I made breakfast and opened the card. After we hung up, I read Chris' card and pondered the words. Then I opened Parker's e-mail with a link to Evernote. The pics were of a cabinet that I did not like. Nor the faucet. There was no mention before of having to buy a new faucet. And a pic of a medicine cabinet we hadn't talked about. The added expense really bothered me. I sent her several e-mails and she responded to some of them. I took my laptop downstairs to make DGS blocks while listening to an audio. They were simple, but not easy due to all the seams and the stretching. When Chris came on Skype, I paused the audio and talked to him while I worked. I came up when the battery got low. We finished our call and then I continued my audio, and ate some broccoli with hummus. When I finished the audio, I soaked my sprouts for the night. Then I finished the two blocks, and took a pic. I cleared e-mail, and listened to a tapping audio interview until it was time to go to bed.

No comments: