Sunday, March 8, 2015

Unexpected outing

I slept so well that I was still sleeping when the alarm went off. I stayed in bed until I wondered if the contractor had sent me a message. So I turned on the router and checked messages. I guess gmail was slow because no new messages showed up. So I read through yahoo mail, and put on an audio by Swami Beyondananda. Funny guy. While it was playing, I did my swishing and exercising and soaking of sprouts. I juiced celery, a carrot and a zucchini. It could have been worse. I ate some of the pulp for fiber. I cleaned up and rested, doing some foot reflexology, then made breakfast. I started watching a video on permaculture. It was very interesting and I wish Chris could watch it with me. I paused the video. I loaded the dishwasher and dragged a basket of laundry to the basement. Denise called to say she was on her way over. I started the laundry with the white load, hoping to get it dried while she was here and could help me put the sheets on the bed. She was going to work on the charity quilt from last week. But because it was such a nice day, she asked if we could go to Burritt on the Mountain. Dr. Burritt had a farm and mansion and left it to the city when he died. They were having cooking demonstrations in historic cabin houses moved to the estate. I said ok. She brought me a jar of sauerkraut that she had made. I started the dishwasher and then we left. We drove up the mountain to the Burritt property. He was married three times so I don't know why he did not have any heirs. Anyway, there were a bunch of small old houses/cabins where docents dressed in 1800's clothing were doing cooking demonstrations. It was very interesting. Some gave samples. Most of the samples were baked goods which neither Denise nor I would eat because of sugar and wheat. But all the docents were having a meal later including veggies and chicken, ham, fish etc. I asked if they could look away for a moment while I sampled the chicken. There was a nice demonstration of egg preservation, and how to tell an old egg from a fresh egg. Some of the bedrooms in the cabins had old furniture and old quilts on the beds. There were animals, but we did not have time to see them. We did see the mansion, which was built in the shape of an 'x'. And the nice lady provided us with CD players and headphones to listen to the 'talk' as we toured the rooms. Several were bare because they were between exhibits. Some were locked. But it was a very interesting talk, and we learned that he believed in homeopathy, that there was natural solution to all ills. He even preferred to heat with wood fires rather than use the electrical heating system. At the end of the day, Denise drove us back to my house. She helped me put clean sheets on the bed, and then she went home. I moved the white laundry from the washer to the dryer and washed the other load. I opened the dishwasher to dry. I checked e-mail. I fried up the last 4 eggs for supper today and tomorrow. I finished the video. Chris skyped me. Mr. John e-mailed me for a decision on drywall or beadboard. I put the rest of the cooked eggs away. I ate some dates with dark chocolate. It felt like a sugar rush. I took my second set of supplements. Then I sat for a long time with no energy. I decided that going to bed wouldn't be any less productive, so I soaked my sprouts and went to bed. Sadly I could not sleep. I tapped in my head. Finally I got up to check for e-mail from the contractor. I read other e-mail, and looked at Pinterest egg recipes online. I listened to a tapping audio, and took an adrenal stress quiz. I watched part of another video from the permaculture man Geoff Lawton. I paused it to go to bed, then realized there was still laundry in the dryer. I folded some of it and brought the towels up. Then I remembered to post to my blog before I went to bed.

No comments: