Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Backyard salad

I woke up before the alarm. I imagined the sound of each one (there are two) and then I felt like getting up. It actually did ring while I was in the bathroom. I swished, exercised and checked e-mail. I juiced a cucumber, two carrots, a zucchini and a handful of dandelion. I cleaned up in the kitchen. I cleaned up a little in the dining room. I put some kimchi in a container to take to Beverly. I got out the fermented cabbage, but it was too far gone. When I got to quilting, I gave the german lady a business card for the massage therapist. She gave me a pair of size 11 knitting needles. She said she was getting rid of stuff she couldn't use anymore. I think if she goes to the therapist, she will be able to knit again. I gave Beverly the kimchi and she tasted it. She did not decided to go buy her own this week, but maybe next week. I walked from table to table showing the picture of the raffle quilt. I sold 4 tickets. Two people said they could bring a dollar next week. Beverly and I packed up Jane's stuff before we left. We did not know where she was, but wanted to help. My phone rang but took a message before I could open it. It was the eye center saying they had made me an appointment and I should call if I couldn't keep it. When I got to my car, I called and canceled the appointment. Then I went to the Asian store for kimbap and bean sprouts. I ate several pieces in the car, then drove home. I ate the rest with kimchi, and then made breakfast. I read e-mail and listened to an interview. I used my new magnifier lamp to do a Sudoku puzzle. I brought in the mail and there was a very nice card from Chris. Even if my day hadn't been going well, it would have gotten better. It made me smile. I decided that I needed to be out in the sunshine. First I planted some herbs that I bought at the grocery store. Then I pulled weeds from the flower bed. I mowed in the front yard, then raked in the side yard. I raked up the monkey grass clippings in the front yard and saw that some of them had rooted. I pulled weeds from brick wall by the garage. I swept half of patio. I took a break to read e-mail and do lots of tapping. Then I mowed again, and removed the debris from the patio. I put away all my tools. I picked some wild lettuce that I found in the lawn. I also found some dandelion, oxalis, wild violets, a leaf of basil, chickweed, kale, and some clippings of wheatgrass. I took picture of the salad, and sat down to eat it in front of the laptop and saw that Chris was already on Skype. So I talked to him while I ate. I discovered that my new lamp is really good for getting out splinters. I gave the sprouts their nightly bath. I filled a large jar with water from the shower filter. My rain water is gone so I have to go back to filtered tap water. I cleared clutter in the kitchen in preparation for Bob to come tomorrow and look at the kitchen floor. I listened to an audio on happiness tips, and did a Sudoku puzzle. Now it is time to go to bed so I will do some tapping for getting to sleep.

No comments: