Sunday, March 22, 2015

A minor miracle

I let the alarm ring unimpeded. Then I had the thought that there was just enough time to do laundry before going to church. So I got up and collected the laundry on the floor and in the hamper. But then there was my bath towel. I needed it for a shower and then there wouldn't be enough time. So I left it for later and unstacked the dishwasher. I swished and exercised. I made breakfast. I ate it while reading e-mail. I got dressed and went to church in the rain. Cecelia fastened the hook and eye at the back of my dress that I couldn't reach. The choir warmed up and sang our song. I got the words wrong, again. Our pastor was away for spring break, so we had a retired pastor who had just joined our congregation. The intern gave the sermon and she did it very well. After the service, I met Art and we verified that there was no loose cash in the offering. He told me to come back at 2:30 and he would show me how to count and tabulate the envelopes and checks. This was a minor miracle.
After that I went to Publix for groceries. I brought them home and put them in the fridge. I changed my clothes. I read e-mail while I ate lunch: sprouts, hummus, Camembert, frozen pineapple. About 2 I checked the front porch and there was the Amazon order. There was a bag of cacao powder for Jennifer. I took it with me to church. Art was already there, waiting for me. He showed me how he counts and tabulates all the checks, cash and EFT's. It got pretty confusing, especially when someone wrote one check and the amount had to be divided up between the two accounts. By the time we finished just that (he took the checks and cash home to write out the deposit tickets himself), two and a half hours had passed. I put Jennifer's cacao in the choir room. I spoke to JenQ who was warming up for praise band practice. Then I went home. Chris was on skype so I skyped him back. While we were talking, he needed a break to check his laundry, so I put sweet potatoes in the oven. After the call, I did a Sudoku puzzle. I made a home grown salad with kale, chickweed, dandelion, and assorted sprouts. When the sweet potatoes were done, I ate part of one with butter and cinnamon. I added sprouting seeds to my Amazon order and had enough to qualify for free shipping. I assembled my new lamp/magnifier. Then I finished drying the laundry, and put on a movie called “ Tower Heist”. It was great. I sat in my favorite chair and munched on Camembert. When the movie was over, I posted to my blog, meditated, and went to bed.
* This quilt was made for a breast cancer survivor in our guild *

No comments: