Thursday, March 19, 2015

Guild meeting

I got up with the alarm. I don't remember having trouble falling asleep, but it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be, given the proclaimed benefits of soaking in magnesium oil. It was raining, so I put out the collection tubs. And I swished while checking e-mail. Then I juiced mung bean sprouts and papaya. I cleaned up the juicer, then made and ate breakfast. I meditated with Oprah and Deepak. I got ready and drove to quilting in Chris' car. I sat and talked to Leanne, and saw her pictures from New Zealand when she visited her brother. Then I glued fabric diamonds to cardboard before I realized that batting was supposed to be inserted between them before they were glued. I pulled the fabric apart and inserted the batting. It was messy and I decided that an old all-purpose glue stick was not the best idea. Before 2, I came home and checked for mail. There was none. I cut out paper piecing rectangles from the printer paper. I labeled all the parts. Then I looked for a newer glue stick. I checked e-mail, and there was nothing from Parker who was supposed to call. For lunch I ate sprouts, chocolate and dates, and later a coconut. Ralph wrote that he put the drawers back after he painted them. I looked through pics to see when the drawers were there and when they weren't. I found a Dec pic where they were there, and wrote to Parker and the contractor. Then I drew hexagons in a drawing program on the desktop. I printed them, and printed out more pp rectangles. I cut those apart and labeled them. I checked e-mail once again. Chris needed me to print, sign, and return a form, so I did that. I ate some ground beef before going to quilt guild. I got there on time but got in a conversation with Marjory. I stood with Jodi at the Comfy Quilt station. I picked up my name tag raffle tickets. I sat in for Denise while she ran an errand. Then I sat with the Thursday group's table. My raffle tickets did not win. For the program we played a quilt version of bingo. From the announcement I thought that we were all supposed to chip in with fat quarters, but I was the only one that brought some. They already had their fat quarter prizes. Anyway, I did not win. The second part of the program was to stitch and chat. But most people left. I told Leanne I was going to make one stitch just to say I followed the program. So she got out her project, too. I could not stop with one stitch so I finished the side of the diamond. Before leaving, I picked up 20 tickets for the raffle quilt. I am supposed to sell them. I walked out with Marjory and Susan(?). We talked about driving stick up the steep hill. I did it in second gear and this time it told me to shift to third about 2/3 of the way up. It went much better than last month. When I got home, there was a Skype message from Chris, so I messaged him back and we talked for awhile. Then he went to bed. I got an e-mail from the contractor saying the drawers had been missing since he took over the job. I wanted to watch an episode of X-Files, but it was too late since I expected Parker would call first thing in the morning. So I cropped all the quilt pics from the meeting, posted to my blog and (hopefully) went to bed.

No comments: