Saturday, March 14, 2015

Not exactly Pi

I heard the alarm ring at 8 but did not feel like getting up. It was almost 9:30 when I found the strength to get out of bed. I checked on the desktop. It needed info to finish rebooting after crashing. Once it rebooted, I ran the program that installs a new driver. Well, it uninstalled the old one but for some reason the new install failed. Great. Just frickin' wonderful. I soaked my sprouts for 10 minutes and swished. I doubled my exercises because I forgot to do them yesterday. I brought in some rainwater and used it to water the plants inside. I took the various vitamins and supplements. I made a papaya smoothie and ate it. This time I had pineapple so it made more. Maybe it was too much to eat all at once. I fixed breakfast so it would be ready to eat later. I tapped and tapped for situations that just won't resolve. I called the eye center and left another message. I cleared a few more e-mails, then went to the desktop. It needed rebooting again after applying updates. The fax-n-scan software did not work. The new scanner utility did not work either. Both seemed to think there was no scanner/printer. The software to install the new driver had requested that the scanner be disconnected and the antivirus turned off. I had disconnected but refused to turn off the antivirus. I wondered if that could be the problem. I unplugged the scanner and plugged it back in. Then BOTH programs ran just fine. I scanned my page and printed it. Denise called to see if now was a good time to come over. I ate a few bites of breakfast, and put the tapping pages back in the book. I tapped through it and moved to the next section. I started the laundry. Denise came over. First we talked about various problems we were having, and then we went downstairs to work on her charity quilt. When the washer was finished, I put the load in the dryer. When that was finished, I took it out and folded it. We laid out the main part of the quilt top that we got sewn on the floor in front of the tv. She left about 5:20. I went to check the mail, but there wasn't any. I finished my breakfast and ate the last of the ham. Don't ask me how old it was, all I know is that I enjoyed every illegitimate bite! I cleared the latest e-mail, and looked online for something pi related to celebrate pi day. Sadly pie is not on my list of things to eat, but I thought pi could be. So I posted a website that will calculate a person's age in pi years. Then I cut open an avocado and pried out the seed. I enlarged the round hole left behind and cracked an egg into each one. I put the halves into the toaster oven to bake. Chris skyped me. When the timer rang, I pulled the avocados out and ate one while talking to Chris. After we hung up, I put the laptop in the den so I could sit in my favorite chair and watch X-Files. When it was over, Michele Skyped me. She thought she had packed her debit card and was calling for advice. I told her to call Chris, so she added him to the call. Then she found her card. So we chatted about things that she needed to do before leaving Korea in the morning. I bathed my sprouts for 10 minutes. They were ready to eat but I wasn't ready to eat them. It was late so I decided to post to my blog, do some tapping and go to bed.

No comments: