Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Progress at the house

I had a very hard time falling asleep last night. So when the alarm rang this morning, I did not push myself to get up. It was after 9 when I did, and then only because I had the thought that Parker should have called. I drank lemon water and soaked the seeds, but they were slimy and I threw them out and washed the sprouter. I checked e-mail and there was one from Parker with pictures of the kitchen walls, bedroom doors, and both bathrooms. The bathrooms were gutted and one had new drywall. The doors were painted and the kitchen was primed. I wrote to Parker to say how good it looked, but that I thought we agreed the kitchen only needed paint in certain areas. I asked for an accounting of labor hours. I started the coffee detox, going through the checklist. The postman rang the bell. He had a package and several bills to give me. I played two audio interviews. I handwashed my nightgown to get an iodine stain out of it. I juiced all the mung bean sprouts and an apple. I ate the apple pulp. I cleaned up the juicer. I put on my bathing suit and assembled my sauna bag. It was almost 2 when I left. There was no one there at first. But others were in and out. One lady was reading a Korean book. I had no problem getting the sweating started. I was planning to go in the steam room but did not need to. After an hour of sweating, I showered and got dressed. I drove home and unpacked my bag, hanging up the wet things. I made and ate breakfast. Then I ate some ground beef from yesterday. I e-mailed the bills to Chris. I looked up how to remove iodine stains for my pajamas that have been washed already. It mentioned sodium thiosulfate. Not knowing what that was, I just scrubbed it with soap like I did my night gown. A little additional scrubbing with an old toothbrush and it was 99% out. I got a little glass cup and filled it with water. Into it went all the soap curls from the two soap dishes in the bathroom. I figured a little soaking and they will melt. I unpacked the Swanson's order, and put the items away. I used the packing material (and that from last week) to pack up some of the glassware on the sideboard, making it feel less crowded. And then, all of a sudden, I realized that it was 6:40 and still daylight! Quickly I got ready for church, grabbing my tablet but unable to find the ear buds. I took it anyway, in case they were in the car. But I did not see them there. I barely made it to church in time for the service. It was a bigger crowd than usual and they ran out of booklets. The lady next to me shared hers. After the service, Art and I counted the cash in the offering plate.
Then we had choir practice. Afterward, Mary invited me to go to Garden Cove on Sunday afternoon. Jennifer showed me a bean cereal that she picked up at Kroger. It looked like a knock off of Cheerios and I wouldn't have paid any attention to it, but there was NO sugar in it at all. Then I came home, and charged my tablet. I rustled up a pair of ear buds for it. I tried some wormwood complex in water - yuck! I put a new seed blend in the sprouter to soak. I hung up some red and gold fabric on the window to audition it. I looked up Holden service booklets to see if I could download one to be sure I have one next week. But it is a publication that has to be ordered, for $6.50. I took the recyclables out to the street for pickup tomorrow. On my way back, I brought in a tub of rainwater for processing. While I was processing it, Chris skyped me. We talked for a little bit but did not have much to say. So he hung up and went to bed. I finished processing the water and drank several mugs of hot water. Then I finished the audio I was listening to, and tapped before going to bed.
* I never heard of a bean breakfast cereal before *

No comments: