Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Hotter than Pokemon


The desktop computer woke up in the middle of the night. I noticed because it made a sound and then the blue light from the monitor illuminated the doorway. I got up to check. The router was off and there was nothing near the mouse. Fearing that some sleeper code was going to make it reboot, I put it into sleep mode.
In the morning, I got up with the alarm, but did not want to because it was kind of dark outside and raining hard. I checked the basement and garage for water but did not find any. I thought of another place to look for the fabric Lauri did not have enough of, but still did not find it. (I guess I forgot to mention that yesterday). My fruit fly trap was starting to smell, so I took it outside in the rain to dump it in the compost. That's when I discovered that it was full of (presumably) fruit fly grubs. I ran in for a bottle of rubbing alcohol and spritzed them liberally. Some had already gotten out of the dish. When I came in to wash my hands, one was on my arm.
I did my exercises, then juiced. There wasn't time to meditate. I got dressed and took the license plates and pattern out to the car. I drove to quilting. The first person I talked to was Jane and she took the pattern. Then I plunked my three license plates in front of Beverly for her to see. She and the other Beverly were discussing which ones they wanted when two other ladies came up and offered me money for them. So I sold those. Beverly C suggested I call William and ask him to get me more. So I did, and he said he would. The plates are hotter than Pokemon!
I stopped by the arsenal to get our passports. It did not take long once I found someone to wait on me. Then I had to sign for them. My next stop was the Asian store. I got kimbap and a cabbage. I resisted eating any on the way home. Then I juiced limes and cracked two eggs for the yolks. Like yesterday, I drank it and rested with my laptop. Later I ate kimbap with kimchi. I called Cecelia to see if the farmer's market was open on this rainy day. She said she had decided it wasn't, but she was going past it and would call if it was open. Jennifer called me and we were still talking when Cecelia called to say the market was open. Jen told me that she got three new piano students yesterday. She asked me to get her some eggs on Monday from the lady at quilting. I went to the market and got more goat milk. I also got lettuce and cucumbers. There were eggs, too, so I got some for Jennifer and dropped them off at the church. She really is having some good luck! I came home and found my kefir had separated so I ate the fluffy part. I ate the lime pulp from earlier. I put rainwater in a pot to boil on the stove. I took my camera down to take pics of yellow fabrics for Michele. I also found a fabric shower curtain to replace the plastic one which apparently offgasses toxic fumes. I deleted a lot of pics from my camera to make room for more. I sent pics to Michele. Then I made breakfast. I had to refill the honey, chia and flax containers. I put the kefir grains in fresh milk. I put the boiled water in a jar and boiled a second pot. I made a point of enjoying the moment while listening to an audio with headphones, classical music playing in the background. When it was over, I watched a video of the conductor of the Philharmonic giving a motivational talk. I rebooted the computer. Then I watched X-Files until Chris skyped me. He sang to me and then he was gone. I finished the episode. I installed a Firefox update. I was lucky that all my windows were preserved. Not so with IE. I watched one more video, then went to bed.

No comments: