Monday, August 10, 2015

I lost my sole

I got up at 8 with the alarm. I filled a quart container with water, lemon juice and vinegar. I poured out some kefir and replaced the volume with fresh milk. I don't think the kefir grains liked the Terro Shield last night. But they seem to have recovered this morning. I did not see any fruit flies at first, but when they caught scent of the vinegar water, they came out of hiding. I listened to an audio, then paused it to pick flowers for quilting and water my plants. I resumed the audio. The speaker said shaking would help re-balance the nervous system and doing it every day would make a difference. I did my exercises, and turned on the ceiling fan thinking it would make life harder for the fruit flies. I juiced peppers and carrots. I meditated, then made breakfast. I had to make up a new batch of powdered spices to complete it. Then I ate breakfast while listening to an audio. The speaker said that looking for the cause of depression is like looking for the cause of a fever. They are both symptoms, not diseases. It was noon, so I grabbed my purse and headed to quilting. I put the flowers in the footwell of Chris' car and barely managed not to spill it while I drove. It was a brunch celebration of August birthdays. I brought the flowers because I did not know what food to bring. Someone suggested I put it on the table where the birthday girls were sitting. It was assumed to be for them and one of them took it home. That was fine with me, but I was surprised. A lady there said her son lives next door to her and raises chickens. She offered to bring me some eggs so I ordered a dozen for next week. I chatted with the ladies as I worked on the quilt top for Renegades. I finished and decided Bertha was right – it needed a border to protect all the bias edges. I only had one fabric with me that would work. So I used it. I got one side done and decided to go home since it was after five. When I got home, I brought in the mail and had a bite to eat. I saw the neighbor's truck, so I knew he was home. As I walked over, I saw a man on a mower and thought it was him. But it was the neighbor next to him. But he was really nice and got his push mower out. He walked it over to my place and started it. I mowed the ditches in front and then the grass inside the fence and some near the trench. The sole fell off of my left shoe. I topped off his gas tank and rolled the mower back. He was surprised to see me so soon. When I came in, I drank a lot of water. Chris skyped me. We discussed the plant growing in the compost. I was afraid it might be cannabis, but Chris suggested papaya. I googled papaya and, yes it was. I watched a tapping video, and ate some goat cheese. I went on to another audio while culling papers from the stacks in the table. I researched papaya leaf benefits – anti-cancer and a cure for dengue fever among others. I filled two capsules with ground papaya seeds and swallowed them, and also did one of NAC because it tastes so bad. I put up my foot and watched the next Dvd of X-Files. I was disappointed to see that there was only one episode on it – the season ender. Then I checked for any new e-mail, posted to my blog, and went to bed.

No comments: