Sunday, August 23, 2015

Lacto and Bacilis

In the middle of the night I decided to call my kefir grains Lacto and Bacilis, because they are gender neutral names and I think the grains don't come in male and female. I heard the alarm go off this morning, but fell back asleep. Luckily it was only 8:30 when I woke up again. I tried to skim the curds off of the kefir from yesterday's batch, but they weren't fully formed yet. I turned on the router and laptop. I exercised some, and made breakfast. I ate it while reading e-mail. At 10 I took a quick shower and dressed. I put Jen's half slip and Margie's belt in a bag. When I left for church, the orb web was still up. I am glad I saw it before I walked through the doorway. I feared the spider was dead. When I got to the carport, another spider had spun a web from the pole to the top to the ground. I swished it away with my umbrella. I drove to church in time to give Margie her belt and Jen her half slip. After the service, Art and I went through the offering plates looking for loose change. Three cents. Mary and I decided to rehearse this afternoon for next Sunday. Margie gave me a dress to repair. Then I went to Publix for water and veggies. When I got home from the grocery store, I put the food away. I changed my clothes. I hardboiled some eggs and ate one. I cut up the onions and put them in the crock pot with the beef juice. I put the heart in another container which went into the fridge. I got out the cabbage but did not have time to cut it up. I put Michele's trombone in its case and took the music with me to church. First I counted money with Art. There were not many people in church today so it only took 40 minutes. Then I got out the trombone and played through the hymn Mary had given me last week. My lip proclaimed that it was finished for the day. I did some major tapping because practice hadn't even started yet! Mary arrived about 3:30. Her proposed arrangement of the piece meant that I would only play 8 measures at a time and she played interludes between. That worked very well. When I got home, I cut up the cabbage and put half in the crock pot. It completely filled the six quart dish. I hoped it turned out well because I was going to be eating it for months – or until I moved to Korea, whichever came first. I put the other half in a bowl and salted it. I ate some beef heart with kimchi. I listened to some audios while working on the last two number puzzles. I put the water from the store in the fridge. I packed the salted cabbage in a jar with shredded carrots. I brought in half of the rain water, then decided to mow before it got dark. I mowed with the riding mower, not satisfied with the result and missing my old mower. My earring fell off while I was reading e-mail. But I swept the floor and found both pieces. I boiled rainwater in two batches. I tried some of the cabbage and onion soup. It was good. I was reading e-mail when Chris skyped me. We talked for almost an hour. Then I tried to follow up on a few open windows, looking at pancreatic enzymes and frankincense. There are at least 6 different kinds of frankincense! I did not know which one to order and I wanted myrrh, but they were out. Finally I just had to quit researching and put the food away so I could go to bed. Oh yeah, forgot laundry again.
* This is the quilt that I finished putting the sleeve on yesterday *

No comments: