Tuesday, August 11, 2015

How to eat a papaya leaf


I got up at 8 with the alarm. I drank the bentonite shake that I made last night. I made a list of my activities for today so I wouldn't forget what to do, when to do it and what to take along. I listened to an audio on the mental health summit. Dr, Perlmutter talked about studies that showed that the microbiome can affect one's view of the world. I swept the floor with a broom and then the carpet with the vac. I drank three cups of vinegar water. I picked a papaya leaf and nibbled on it. The taste got unbearably stronger the longer I nibbled. I drank some kefir and added more fresh milk. I looked at my quilt top downstairs and decided it would be far easier to show the picture on my camera than bring the whole thing for show-n-tell. I drove to post and exchanged the season 8 DVD for the season 9 DVD. Then I went to quilting. I returned copies of patterns from last week and looked through this week's list, but did not find any I wanted. I showed off the quilt top on my camera. I talked to the two Beverlys. They have the same middle name, too. Anita texted Beverly all the Georgia shops she was going to today. I guess we'll have a whole bunch of new patterns next week. I wished I had one to contribute. I stopped by the Asian store for kimbap and kimchi. I could not resist eating some of the kimbap in my car. Then I went to the gas station to fill up my car, and drove home. I opened the kimchi and found out that it was awful – must have been a different kind. I threw the leftovers from last week in to hopefully make it better for next time. I made breakfast and listened to an audio. I sunbathed, then showered, and went to the farmer's market. I returned the milk bottles and got a half gallon of fresh goat milk. I was not able to get bones or organ meat. And the vendor was not happy that the butcher did not save those parts last time they sent a cow to be processed. I got some cukes, peppers and tomatoes. I drove to Ruth's Nutrition. They were out of eggs. I got a craniosacral massage which is something new: she just came back from taking the class. It was very relaxing and I hoped it would solve my teeth-clenching problem. She was very excited to see how well my foot was doing, Afterward I bought a probiotic formulated with the help of Dr. Perlmutter (from this morning's audio). Then I went home. I could not help noticing the grass all of a sudden needed mowing. I came in to take my vitamins, and saw Chris was on skype so I talked to him. I drank some whey and made up some capsules of papaya seed. In the waning daylight I decided to mow the lawn. It went fairly well. I avoided one area because of all the pinecones, and I got caught on one of the tomato cages. I hope I did not damage the plant inside. When I was finished, I parked the mower and went inside to fix supper. I made a papaya leaf and red pepper omelet. I sat in front of the laptop to eat it. I realized it was 8 and the steward ship meeting started at 7:30. It would have taken 15 minutes to get there so I figured I missed it. I cleared a few e-mails while listening to another audio on the Mental Health Summit. Then I put in the next X-Files DVD. I had trouble playing it and took it out to wipe it well. Then it played after a rocky start. It was a 'to be continued' episode. By then it was 10:30. All I wanted was to go to bed, but I had to clean up in the kitchen or face the consequences (which would really 'bug' me).
* This is a wallhanging that Beverly is making to thank her friend in California who procured for her a fabric license plate. *

No comments: