Sunday, August 2, 2015

New assignment

I lost the first part of my blog notes when I rebooted my computer. It needed it in order to get the DVD software working again. While it was rebooting, I took a shower and made breakfast. I ate it while reading the latest e-mail. Then I got dressed. By then it was too late to make the 9:30 discernment meeting. Did I mention that Chris called from DC this morning? Marie picked him up at the airport last night and she picked up Michele this morning. I did a few errands around the house and left on time for the 10:45 service. One of the errands was to fix Margie's top. It needed a flower sewn back on. It had been sewn with a bead in the center but I could not find a red bead anywhere, so I used a really small piece of red tape. I put it in a bag to give to her at church. As I stepped out of the house, I realized the plants needed their morning watering. As I did that, I got my feet wet and went to church that way. I got there in time to do deliver the bag and speak to a few people. Tamara left the two sheet sets I ordered in my pew. People asked me about them after church. I guess not many people knew her daughter was selling sheets as a fund raiser for cheerleading. After church, I went to Publix for groceries. I did not buy many because I already have food in the house and will be going to the farmer's market on Tuesday. I was amazed at all the different kinds of water for sale. What will they sell next? Air? When I got home and carried in the groceries, I also took vacuum out of the car. For lunch I ate an egg and 2 figs. I changed clothes, and went sewing. First I made a backing for the top I was turning in. Then I picked out squares to make the next pattern (as shown in the pic). Lynette regaled us with the tale of a conversation she had with her husband. William called while I was packing up. Then I went home to drop off my sewing machine and get some water. I drove to the church to meet Art to count the offering. I conversed with him as I worked. And the numbers did not add up. I found my mistakes, and still was $5 off. It turned out that one check was split two ways and did not cover both. So it wasn't my fault. Then we agreed to meet Tuesday to put the numbers on the computer. I drove home. I read e-mail, and looked at my quilts, wondering which ones to put in the show. We can only have 4. I asked Jeanne this morning if I could show the pulpit cloth with the dove and she said yes. I shredded the offering envelops and spread them on the garden.
Chris called so we talked until he fell asleep. I ate yucca root for supper. Then I meditated with rice on my foot. I checked on spider and saw that his web was bigger than ever. I drank lots of water, and put arnica on my foot. I tried to play a Dvd, but the software crashed. A different software program did not do any better. So I took the disc out and washed it. Then it played just fine in the first player. I watched one episode of X-Files and was mighty tempted to watch a second one. But I exited the program. I drank some epsom salt water. Blech! I posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: