Friday, August 7, 2015

It's in the mail

I got up late. I swished while bringing in rain water to boil on the stove since I read that a coffee pot can leach BPA. I spent the morning filling out quilt show forms. I have been procrastinating all week so I forced myself to finish filling out the forms, writing the blurbs, printing the photos, stapling and putting it all in a large packet which went in the mailbox with two stamps on it. Then I ladled hot water out of the pot and boiled more. I read through a lot of liver and gallbladder cleanses. I juiced green beans, celery, carrots and a cucumber. I cleaned up, and then meditated. I made and ate breakfast. I concocted a paste with bentonite, charcoal, papaya seed, vitamin c powder and whey. I spread that on my face and went outside for some sunshine while it dried. The plants did not need watering after all the rain yesterday. One tomato plant had its top eaten off even though it was inside the fence. I noticed the grass is growing so am looking forward to a new mower. I put the cooled water in jugs. I listened to audios and cleared e-mail. Jennifer agreed to adopt my kefir grains when I leave for Korea. Chris skyped me. We talked and he sang to me. I went outside to enjoy the last of the sunshine. I found a marigold growing in the driveway so I replanted it where one had died a few weeks ago. I pulled up some grass growing over the sidewalk. I brought the vacuum in to join the donate pile. I moved some of the Honduras stuff away from the donate pile. I came upstairs to get the kitchen garbage. I got sidetracked with e-mail. An hour later I remembered the garbage and took it downstairs to add what was in the basement and to throw it in the garbage can. The fruit flies were then on the scent of the kefir. They clustered on top of the paper towel that covered it. I clapped my hands above it and killed three of them. I researched salt water flushes. I drank a quart of warm water with salt in it. It tasted pretty good. I sat down to watch an episode of X-Files. No flushing occurred so I drank more water and watched a movie called A Joyful Noise. I like musicals. Still no flushing, but my back hurt. I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* this is one of the quilts I intend to enter in the show *

No comments: