Saturday, August 29, 2015

Trying to excel with Excel

I went to sleep imagining what it will be like to travel first class. I slept in, hearing the alarm but not getting up. When I did, I brushed my teeth. Noticing that that water wasn't draining, I got out my plunger. The phone rang. It was Jen on her way to a volleyball game, wanting to talk about her accident yesterday. Then I finished brushing and plunging. I turned out the router and laptop and researched the company offering to publish her book (for a fee). I sent her a few links. I forgot to exercise. I juiced and cleaned up. My neighbor dropped by to borrow our riding lawn mower. I gave him the keys. I searched how to act in first class. I learned that on some airlines, the stewardesses will only come by if you push the call button – to reduce foot traffic. Some airlines provide pajamas for their first class customers. I had just started making breakfast when my neighbor came by to return the keys and mower. He told me that he blew the dirt out of the wire harness. He showed me how the air filter was dirty so I could buy a new one. I told him we wanted to sell it and he said he would consider it for someone he knows. Then I skimmed the curds off of yesterday's whey. I made breakfast and ate it while deleting e-mail. While listening to an audio, I typed in a spreadsheet my list of things to take to Korea. I figured out how to select the items and sort them in descending order. I looked at lawn mower air filters on Amazon and selected one. The sky darkened, so I went out to mow inside the fence and the ditch. I quit before finishing because the battery needed recharging. I used the weedeater briefly before the rain hit. Then I put out the tubs. I searched the garage for Michele's old laptop but did not find it. Kurt skyped me and we did screen-sharing to try to get the macro he wrote to run on my laptop. It did not have Excel, or at least not a full version, so our efforts were fruitless. Then he suggested rebooting and Firefox needed to be updated anyway. So I got on the desktop and it had Excel, so it ran just as he wrote it! After he hung up, I practiced my trombone. I worked on whittling my e-mail down. I gathered the laundry and took it down to the washer. While I was down there, I worked on a pinwheel block from a pic I saw on Pinterest. I did not do it according to the instructions. Naturally. I finished it just as the laundry got done. I put the clean items in the dryer and came upstairs expecting Chris to be on skype. While finishing an audio, I tried to add to my list, but it was caught in an infinite loop, so finally I deleted the code in the macro and reloaded the page. I watched X-Files until Chris came on-line. Then we chatted for awhile. I finished the episode, incredulous that the writers killed off the lone gunmen. I checked e-mail one last time, and saw a video of a man drilling holes into a carrot. Then he added a funnel at one end, and a saxophone mouthpiece at the other. The sound was amazingly good! And so was he. I posted to my blog, fed my pets, and went to bed. Boy am I going to miss this life.
* This is Annie and her quilt from Thursday *

No comments: