Thursday, August 11, 2016

A good day

After posting to my blog last night, I shut down my computer and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I heard the front door open and Chris came in with his luggage. He got ready for bed, and …
Then it was morning. I woke up several times but did not get up until 7. My mouth was dry so I drank my quart of water while Chris took his shower. He got ready for work. After he left, I watered the plants and fired up my laptop. I deleted the first round of e-mail then listened to an audio while I ate seed crackers and did today’s puzzle. I listened to another audio as I selected fabric for a pair of shorts. I got the pieces cut out just in time to get dressed for yoga and run out the door. Trying to get to yoga by 11, I saw Myra and ran to catch up with her, but she was on the phone. Joelle was talking with John as we walked in. In class, we practiced handstands and did some exercises on the big balls. After yoga I came home to find Chris having lunch. I made and ate breakfast. He called the credit card company over some unrecognized charges on my card. I googled the vendor and it came up in Spanish. Chris went back to work. I took a hurried cold shower and got dressed for my massage. I was pretty sure I was going to be late so I did not look at my watch as I almost ran down the streets. As usual, I changed clothes as the young man ran hot water for my foot soak. He asked about Myra. He also asked which masseuse I wanted. I said it did not matter. It was a new woman. I think he called her Ms. Wongchin. She liked to use her elbows to put pressure on points along my spine. She tried to talk to me but I did not understand. It was either “Your shoulders are really tight so I will see if I can work it out” or “My father was killed by an American. Take that!” I tried to tell her when it hurt, but I guess she did not understand. After the massage, I paid and set an appt for next week. The clerk asked me who I wanted and again, I said it did not matter (since Mr. Kim was still on vacation.) I walked around the block to the Chinese place. Their clerk was outside. He came in while I was standing there. I asked for a foot massage. He got a bucket of hot water and threw in the Epsom salts that I brought. I sat there for a long time. My shoulders felt like they needed a massage so I guess Ms. Wongchin’s efforts were in vain. Then Sumo Man came in. He was not actually that big, but he certainly is not built like a Korean. He dried my feet, then proceeded to massage them and my calves with some kind of cream. It was very nice and I sat there thinking very positive thoughts. After the massage, I paid and left. I could not resist going to the market. I went to Daiso and bought a large carabiner, a lemon juicer and a few other things that I can’t remember now. Then I went to the plant places and found a geranium for $2. Then I walked back to base. I was expecting Nela to call after work but never heard from her. Chris was not home when I got in. I read some e-mail, then went out to water the plants for the second time. He walked up as I was in the middle of it. I picked a large cucumber for supper. I made a salad and ate it in front of my computer. Chris made his own supper and read e-mail. I listened to two interviews, one from the sleep summit and one from the fat loss summit. Then we watched two episodes of Castle. Chris went to bed. I stayed up to post to my blog.
* This is Nela wearing the dress that she and Myra made. *

No comments: