Friday, August 26, 2016

Cinnamon good for brain health

As I got into bed last night, I rubbed my new sleep salve on my feet. It must have worked because I fell asleep in a reasonable time. I woke up hearing Chris talking this morning on his computer and went back to sleep. I woke up again when he was at PT. I got up to water the plants. The sky was overcast. I deleted the first round of e-mail for the day. I did the usual two meditations. One is coming to an end soon. I ate some seed crackers and then the chocolate shake mix. I added cinnamon to my shake after reading that it helps with memory loss. I sprayed my hair with diluted vinegar to help it lay flat. I laid down and fell asleep. I woke up about noon. Chris came home for lunch. I found another tiny centipede. I wrapped it in a tissue and took it out back. I lit it on fire. The tissue did not burn well so I had to get a piece of paper to wrap it in. Then I was sure the critter wasn’t coming back. I tied off all the thread ends on the dress with the twin needle stitching. The phone rang: it was Housing asking if I wanted pesticide sprayed around my house. I told them no. They asked if I was only canceling this month, or if I wanted to cancel every month, and I said cancel every month. I cut arcs from the leftovers of the green knit fabric to make a decoration on my green shirt to hide the bleach stains. But I needed to concentrate on the Navy ball dress. I decided the pattern of the last dress was ok on me, so the next step was to try it in a woven fabric because that’s what I bought for the ball. Since the pattern pieces were cut from sheets of paper taped together, I traced them on large sheets of packing paper and cut out new pieces. Since the pattern is sized for knits, I turned the pieces to a 45 degree angle on the woven fabric before cutting. Hopefully that will give them enough stretch that I can pull the dress over my head. I stopped about 6 to make breakfast. Chris came home and made himself supper. Then we left for the movie. I put on pants because Chris said it was cool outside and it was. It hadn’t been so cool in months. We walked to the theatre and paid for admission. There is no one to take tickets at the entrance so I don’t know how they stop people from just sitting in without paying. We sat in the third row. We saw the new Ghostbusters movie. It was good, but not as good as the very first one. One of the ladies looks like one of my friends from Huntsville. Also there was a scene where Erin is banging on the window of a restaurant trying to get the mayor’s attention. The dress of the lady sitting on his left (what I could see of it) seemed just right for the Navy ball but I needed a better look. As we walked home, I told Chris I wanted to see the first movie again, with the music turned up loudly. Chris made a bowl of popcorn and we turned on the movie. When the music played, I got up and danced. I took my top off because it was so hot. During their meeting with the mayor, Skype sounded. Chris answered while I put my shirt back on. It was my sister calling. I asked Chris to open the windows to get some fresh air. I talked to Faye for an hour. I showed her the fabric I worked with today and the fabric for the ball gown. Then I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* On the way back from taking this pic, I found two more centipedes:( *

No comments: